FILIPINO STREET FOODS

• 45 replies

MariAnnaGipit

• Beauty Queen/Model
    • View Profile
Re: FILIPINO STREET FOODS
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »
matud pa,
unsa diay ni sya,beauty queen?pacharittable work pa sya.

yes, ako baya ni tupad nila...

"make love not war,world peace"

ligiah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 12:44:14 PM »
hay kagwapa... wa jud ko ka experience mga ingani... unsaon man gud ultimo ra man ni akong beauty.. panghatag pud gamay marianna be!
Live each day as if it were your last.

Kitz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »
beautiful women of all times,is that Anna in red gown?big time girl.

y

ymal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »
matud pa,

kaguapa diay nimo miss gipit
i can't see you,why?

jenny

• life is full of surprises!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
Here are some favorite Filipino street foods, most of which is found almost everywhere including every street corner, in the supermarket and even in huge malls.. ^^ So if you're a foreigner hitting the Philippine shores for the first time, this thread is one good way to get acquainted with Philippine's street food.

BETAMAX - This is the cubed, curdled chicken Dugo (Blood) of a chicken. It's grilled and usually dipped with suka (vinegar) and onions. The street food got it's name because of its resemblance to the betamax tape

HELMET or HEAD - This is the grilled Ulo (Head) of a chicken. Yep, no parts of a chicken is wasted when it comes to filipino food! This is also grilled.

ADIDAS - This is the term for the marinated grilled chicken's Paa (Feet)

PROVEN - This is a grilled chicken part which comes from a portion of the chicken's entrails that is harder than most.

IUD or ISAW - This is grilled Bituka (intestines or entrails) of either a manok (chicken) or a baboy (pig) ... erm yum.. ^^ The term is given because it somewhat resembles an intra-uterine device or IUD

ATAY (liver) - same preparation

WALKMAN or BALINGIT - This is grilled pig's ears which is again barbecued.

DAY-OLD - This refers to a day-old chick that is deep-fried to a crisp and eaten with a dip of sauce or vinegar.

KWEK KWEK - It's balut (chicken egg) dipped in an orangey batter which are deep fried. A dip made of vinegar, onions and birds-eye chili is recommended when eating it.

TOKNENENG - It is a smaller version of kwek kwek since it uses itlog ng pugo (quail eggs).

BALUT - It is a duck's embryo still in shell. It can be paired with vinegar or with plain salt.. It's an egg with a chick inside, a partially formed egg yolk and a hard piece of egg white. The unhatched could either be 16 days or 18 days... ^^ the best way to introduce foreigners in the philippines.. haha,it doesnt look so good but its definitely delicious..

PENOY - It's a few days old fertilized egg wherein the chick is not yet formed.

BINATOG - This is boiled corn kernels.

ISKRAMBOL (Scramble) - This is s simple shake with artificial flavors.

KALIGAY - This is a specie of shellfish that is boiled and sold by the cupful

CARIOCA - This is a bread-like confection dipped in syrup.

TAHO - This is made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar syrup), and sago pearls (similar to tapioca pearls)

Other street foods will be hotcakes, and deepfried seafoods like fish balls, squid balls, tempura, kikiam.

HAPPY EATING!
ganahan pud kog iskrambol
i'm back & i love ya'll, muah3x!

janice

• aloha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 03:29:49 AM »
gusto ko tempura!
i am not a fighter...i am a lover

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 08:32:43 PM »
many to mention... mostly mga barbecue..
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.

angelogats

• OMG Rockz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 05:47:02 AM »
bola bola gusto ko tsaka tempura di.. with hot sauce..

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »
pina ka the best ang pansit gyud!
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »
Here are some favorite Filipino street foods, most of which is found almost everywhere including every street corner, in the supermarket and even in huge malls.. ^^ So if you're a foreigner hitting the Philippine shores for the first time, this thread is one good way to get acquainted with Philippine's street food.

BETAMAX - This is the cubed, curdled chicken Dugo (Blood) of a chicken. It's grilled and usually dipped with suka (vinegar) and onions. The street food got it's name because of its resemblance to the betamax tape

HELMET or HEAD - This is the grilled Ulo (Head) of a chicken. Yep, no parts of a chicken is wasted when it comes to filipino food! This is also grilled.

ADIDAS - This is the term for the marinated grilled chicken's Paa (Feet)

PROVEN - This is a grilled chicken part which comes from a portion of the chicken's entrails that is harder than most.

IUD or ISAW - This is grilled Bituka (intestines or entrails) of either a manok (chicken) or a baboy (pig) ... erm yum.. ^^ The term is given because it somewhat resembles an intra-uterine device or IUD

ATAY (liver) - same preparation

WALKMAN or BALINGIT - This is grilled pig's ears which is again barbecued.

DAY-OLD - This refers to a day-old chick that is deep-fried to a crisp and eaten with a dip of sauce or vinegar.

KWEK KWEK - It's balut (chicken egg) dipped in an orangey batter which are deep fried. A dip made of vinegar, onions and birds-eye chili is recommended when eating it.

TOKNENENG - It is a smaller version of kwek kwek since it uses itlog ng pugo (quail eggs).

BALUT - It is a duck's embryo still in shell. It can be paired with vinegar or with plain salt.. It's an egg with a chick inside, a partially formed egg yolk and a hard piece of egg white. The unhatched could either be 16 days or 18 days... ^^ the best way to introduce foreigners in the philippines.. haha,it doesnt look so good but its definitely delicious..

PENOY - It's a few days old fertilized egg wherein the chick is not yet formed.

BINATOG - This is boiled corn kernels.

ISKRAMBOL (Scramble) - This is s simple shake with artificial flavors.

KALIGAY - This is a specie of shellfish that is boiled and sold by the cupful

CARIOCA - This is a bread-like confection dipped in syrup.

TAHO - This is made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar syrup), and sago pearls (similar to tapioca pearls)

Other street foods will be hotcakes, and deepfried seafoods like fish balls, squid balls, tempura, kikiam.

HAPPY EATING!

Oh no! Kasukaon man sad ko sa kabusog ani. hehehe... :-*
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)