First love never dies

• 219 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
The Summer Of '42
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »
Summer here starts Dec 1st. Yet, weather's been erratic. Sometimes go up to 30C. Climate change(?). Bringing back memories of 1st summer love.
“It was a dream [that almost] came true. It's probably one of my favorite memories of all time.”
-Matt Hasselbeck

The Summer Of '42. Saw the movie many2X years later. Few months before left Phil.
Synopsis.
The film opens with a series of still photographs appearing over melancholy music, representing the abstract memories of the unseen Herman Raucher, now a middle-aged man. We then hear Raucher (voiced by Robert Mulligan) recalling the summer he spent on the island in 1942. The film flashes back to a day that then 15-year-old "Hermie" (Gary Grimes) and his friends — jock Oscy (Jerry Houser) and introverted nerd Benjie (Oliver Conant) — spent playing on the beach. They spot a young soldier carrying his new bride (Jennifer O'Neill) into a house on the beach and are struck by her beauty, especially Hermie, who is unable to get her out of his mind.
They continue spending afternoons on the beach where, in the midst of scantily-clad teenage girls, their thoughts invariably turn to sex. All of them are virgins: Oscy is obsessed with the act of sex, while Hermie finds himself developing romantic interest in the bride, whose husband he spots leaving the island on a water taxi one morning. Later that day, Hermie finds her trying to carry bags of groceries by herself, and helps get them back to her house. They strike up a friendship and he agrees to return to help her with chores.
Meanwhile, Oscy and Hermie, thanks to a sex manual discovered by Benjie, become convinced they know everything necessary to lose their virginity. Led by Oscy, they test this by going to the cinema and picking-up a trio of high-school girls. Oscy stakes out the most attractive one, Miriam (Christopher Norris), "giving" Hermie her less attractive friend, Aggie (Katherine Allentuck) and leaving Benjie with Gloria, a heavyset girl with braces. Frightened by the immediacy of sex, Benjie runs off, and is not seen by Hermie or Oscy again that night. Hermie and Oscy spend the entirety of the evening's film attempting to "put the moves" on Miriam and Aggie. Oscy pursues Miriam, eventually making out with her during the movie, and later learns her ways are well-known on the island. Hermie finds himself succeeding with Aggie, who allows him to grope what he thinks is her breast; Oscy later points out Hermie was fondling her arm.
The next morning, Hermie helps the bride move boxes into her attic and she thanks him by giving him a kiss on the forehead. Later, in preparation for a marshmallow roast on the beach with Aggie and Miriam, Hermie goes to the local drugstore. In a painfully humorous sequence he builds up the nerve to ask for condoms.
That night, Hermie roasts marshmallows with Aggie while Oscy succeeds in having sex with Miriam between the dunes. He is so successful he sneaks over to Hermie and Aggie to ask for more condoms. Confused as to what's happening, Aggie follows Oscy back, where she sees him having sex with Miriam and runs home, upset.
The next day, Hermie comes across the bride sitting outside her house, writing to her husband. Hermie offers to keep her company that night and she says she looks forward to seeing him, revealing her name is Dorothy. An elated Hermie goes home and puts on a suit, dress shirt and heads back to Dorothy's house, running into Oscy on the way; Oscy relates that Miriam's appendix burst and she's been rushed to the mainland. Hermie, convinced he is at the brink of adulthood because of his relationship with Dorothy, brushes Oscy off.
He heads to her house, which is eerily quiet. Going in, he discovers a bottle of whiskey, several cigarette butts, and a telegram from the government. Dorothy's husband is dead, his plane shot down over France. Dorothy comes out of her bedroom, crying, and Hermie tells her "I'm sorry." The sense of empathy triggers her to channel to Hermie some of her loneliness. She turns on the record player and invites Hermie to dance with her. They kiss and embrace, tears on both their faces. Without speaking, and to the sound only of the waves, they move to the bedroom, where she draws him into bed and gently makes love with him. Afterward, withdrawing again into her world of hurt, Dorothy retires to the porch, leaving Hermie alone in her bedroom. He approaches her on the porch, where she can only quietly say "Good night, Hermie." He leaves, his last image of Dorothy being of her leaning against the railing, as she smokes a cigarette and stares into the night sky.
At dawn Hermie meets Oscy and the two share a moment of reconciliation, with Oscy informing Hermie that Miriam will recover. Oscy, in an uncharacteristic act of sensitivity, lets Hermie be by himself, departing with the words, "Sometimes life is one big pain in the a$@."
Trying to sort out what has happened, Hermie goes back to Dorothy's house. Dorothy has fled the island in the night and an envelope is tacked to the front door with Hermie's name on it. Inside is a note from Dorothy, saying she hopes he understands she must go back home as there is much to do. She assures Hermie she will never forget him, and he will find his way of remembering what happened that night. Her note closes with the hope that Hermie may be spared the senseless tragedies of life.
In the final scene, Hermie, suddenly approaching manhood, is seen looking at Dorothy's old house and the ocean from a distance before he turns to join his friends. To bittersweet music, the adult Raucher sadly recounts that he has never seen Dorothy again or learned what became of her.
After the film ends, the cast is given by showing a still photo of each of the primary cast members with a superimposed name. The movie had exactly eight on-screen speaking characters: Dorothy, the Terrible Trio, the three teenaged girls and the druggist.
Ray Conniff - The Summer Knows (Theme from "Summer of' 42") (with lyrics)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:49:42 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: First love never dies
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »

Does have a mark resemblance
Like looking at a portrait of my first love
 :)

HELLO - lionel richie

Ready to take a chance again Barry Manilow lyrics
"This song is perfect for all those who was broken and have moved on and ready to love again. This songs inspires me to finally let go of my past and fully open my heart to the present. This song made me appreciate the art of letting go and appreciate those people who have been with me in those worst days. This songs made me realize that love will never be perfect unless you feel the real pain of being in love, made me realize that love will never be love without pain and sorrow, and then happiness...This song made me fell the fulfilling feeling of moving on and finally let go, and LOVE after those pain is much sweeter than any other love you knew...just all about LOVE... (pretty fairy)"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2014, 02:19:05 AM »
wow
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »
“Some things don't last forever, but some things do.
Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close,
hoping you still recognize the person you see there.”
- Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:22:33 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »
Misa de Gallo(or Misa Aguinaldo) is the novena before X'mas. Starts Dec 16th and ends Dec 24th. Mass begins @5am.
As a kid, sometimes heard the "reveille" from Redemptorist Church, Sacred Heart Church and even distant Sto. Rosario Church. Easily distinguishable as the X'mas musical tone was distinctive for each church.
Although a Catholic, she wasn't deeply religious. Went to church as a matter of respect for tradition. For myself, me is a "Catholic". Hehehe.
But it was a good idea to rendezvous in church and to attend mass before daybreak. Redemptorist Church was the nearest (walking distance) from our two different places.
Remained inside church after mass 'til daybreak. Chatted while watching sacristan extinguished the candles.
Then,  walk with her to her place before going home myself.

Noche Buena is celebrated Dec 24th evening. Visited her and spent a few hours before going home. Yes, I was welcomed by her family. But couldn't take her to my place. Our love was verboten.

Now, all I have are memories. :)

Not too sure anymore whether really happened or just a dream. :-\ :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:46:02 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
fatal attraction naman ng imuha, just like mine pero nawawala.na rin ang bisa ng gamuya nya sa akin kasi kaya ko ng di na syang makita pa.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2014, 12:32:28 AM »
Not too sure anymore whether really happened or just a dream. :-\ :)

Time is like a dream. Seems like an interlude now. :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2014, 01:50:13 AM »
lilipas din eto

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2014, 11:48:46 AM »
Guess that, getting older, me has become more cynical. :)

Justifiably so. Look what happened to me here? ??? Using a poor lovely lass as bait to get me to marry a losyang. Sexploiting her.  >:(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:23:34 PM by juan »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
hush
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092