I have a spot for you in my mind
I’ll love you forever!
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: First love never dies
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
Why mine never dies? Primarily becoz I was the one who walked out on her. Broke her heart.
Had no choice. If I defy my family what would happen? Run away from home again? Mag-unsa man ko? Tindag balut?
But it changed me. Never cared about my studies before. Also, hindi ako marunong mang-ligao. Too timid & scared & shy. Hehehe.
Was an excuse to be near her. Spent time with her. Tackling hairy math/physics problem. She was my mentor. Recall her telling me quite a few times, “Idiot! That’s not the way to tackle this problem”. Had to put up with her “tirade”. Hehehe.
After we split, promised myself gotta work myself into keeping family off my back. To become independent. Focused more on my studies. Left Cebu after grad.
Had my 2nd love in Mla. Got me baptized to the saying “love is like the lovely lemon tree”. It’s been like that since. Even my marriage ended a fiasco.
Many loves have I. But, so far, only one was real. And then, I let slip by.
Will I get a 2nd chance?
 :) ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:29:10 AM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
I miss you when something really good happens, because you are the one I
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
“I miss you when something really good happens, because you are the one I want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me, because you are the one who understands me so well. I miss you when I laugh and cry because i know that you are the one that makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear. I miss you all the time, but I miss you most when i lay awake at night and think of all the wonderful times we spent with each other;for those were some of the best times of my life. (anon)” :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:37:25 PM by juan »

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
Why mine never dies? Primarily becoz I was the one who walked out on her. Broke her heart.
Had no choice. If I defy my family what would happen? Run away from home again? Mag-unsa man ko? Tindag balut?
But it changed me. Never cared about my studies before. Also, hindi ako marunong mang-ligao. Too timid & scared & shy. Hehehe.
Was an excuse to be near her. Spent time with her. Tackling hairy math/physics problem. She was my mentor. Recall her telling me quite a few times, “Idiot! That’s not the way to tackle this problem”. Had to put up with her “tirade”. Hehehe.
After we split, promised myself gotta work myself into keeping family off my back. To become independent. Focused more on my studies. Left Cebu after grad.
Had my 2nd love in Mla. Got me baptized to the saying “love is like the lovely lemon tree”. It’s been like that since. Even my marriage ended a fiasco.
Many loves have I. But, so far, only one was real. And then, I let slip by.
Will I get a 2nd chance?
so no regrets hurting someone's feelings over ambitions?
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

j

juan

• View Profile
I was still in my late teens. Young and financially insecure. Guess, you could say, a lame excuse for being a coward. Hehehe. Anyway, it’s passe. :) ;)
 “What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now. (anon)”  :) ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:23:38 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Summer of '42
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
Summer here starts Dec 1st. Yet, it’s vey hot today. Brings back memories of my 1st love.
“It was a dream [that almost] came true. It's probably one of my favorite memories of all time.”
-Matt Hasselbeck

And the song , “The Summer Of '42”. It was an old song. First time heard from her humming. Asked her the title. She told me. Thought her interests were only math and physics. Hehehe. Didn’t know, when in the mood, she can be romantic, too. :) ;)

The Summer Of '42
Michel Legrand
“The summer smiles, the summer knows
And unashamed, she sheds her clothes
The summer smoothes the restless sky
And lovingly she warms the sand on which you lie

The summer knows, the summer's wise
She sees the doubts within your eyes
And so she takes her summer time
Tells the moon to wait and the sun to linger
Twists the world 'round her summer finger
Lets you see the wonder of her arms

And if you've learned your lesson well
There's little more for her to tell
One last caress, it's time to dress for fall. “

Saw the movie much2X later. Few months before I left Phil.
Synopsis.
The film opens with a series of still photographs appearing over melancholy music, representing the abstract memories of the unseen Herman Raucher, now a middle-aged man. We then hear Raucher (voiced by Robert Mulligan) recalling the summer he spent on the island in 1942. The film flashes back to a day that then 15-year-old "Hermie" (Gary Grimes) and his friends — jock Oscy (Jerry Houser) and introverted nerd Benjie (Oliver Conant) — spent playing on the beach. They spot a young soldier carrying his new bride (Jennifer O'Neill) into a house on the beach and are struck by her beauty, especially Hermie, who is unable to get her out of his mind.
They continue spending afternoons on the beach where, in the midst of scantily-clad teenage girls, their thoughts invariably turn to sex. All of them are virgins: Oscy is obsessed with the act of sex, while Hermie finds himself developing romantic interest in the bride, whose husband he spots leaving the island on a water taxi one morning. Later that day, Hermie finds her trying to carry bags of groceries by herself, and helps get them back to her house. They strike up a friendship and he agrees to return to help her with chores.
Meanwhile, Oscy and Hermie, thanks to a sex manual discovered by Benjie, become convinced they know everything necessary to lose their virginity. Led by Oscy, they test this by going to the cinema and picking-up a trio of high-school girls. Oscy stakes out the most attractive one, Miriam (Christopher Norris), "giving" Hermie her less attractive friend, Aggie (Katherine Allentuck) and leaving Benjie with Gloria, a heavyset girl with braces. Frightened by the immediacy of sex, Benjie runs off, and is not seen by Hermie or Oscy again that night. Hermie and Oscy spend the entirety of the evening's film attempting to "put the moves" on Miriam and Aggie. Oscy pursues Miriam, eventually making out with her during the movie, and later learns her ways are well-known on the island. Hermie finds himself succeeding with Aggie, who allows him to grope what he thinks is her breast; Oscy later points out Hermie was fondling her arm.
The next morning, Hermie helps the bride move boxes into her attic and she thanks him by giving him a kiss on the forehead. Later, in preparation for a marshmallow roast on the beach with Aggie and Miriam, Hermie goes to the local drugstore. In a painfully humorous sequence he builds up the nerve to ask for condoms.
That night, Hermie roasts marshmallows with Aggie while Oscy succeeds in having sex with Miriam between the dunes. He is so successful he sneaks over to Hermie and Aggie to ask for more condoms. Confused as to what's happening, Aggie follows Oscy back, where she sees him having sex with Miriam and runs home, upset.
The next day, Hermie comes across the bride sitting outside her house, writing to her husband. Hermie offers to keep her company that night and she says she looks forward to seeing him, revealing her name is Dorothy. An elated Hermie goes home and puts on a suit, dress shirt and heads back to Dorothy's house, running into Oscy on the way; Oscy relates that Miriam's appendix burst and she's been rushed to the mainland. Hermie, convinced he is at the brink of adulthood because of his relationship with Dorothy, brushes Oscy off.
He heads to her house, which is eerily quiet. Going in, he discovers a bottle of whiskey, several cigarette butts, and a telegram from the government. Dorothy's husband is dead, his plane shot down over France. Dorothy comes out of her bedroom, crying, and Hermie tells her "I'm sorry." The sense of empathy triggers her to channel to Hermie some of her loneliness. She turns on the record player and invites Hermie to dance with her. They kiss and embrace, tears on both their faces. Without speaking, and to the sound only of the waves, they move to the bedroom, where she draws him into bed and gently makes love with him. Afterward, withdrawing again into her world of hurt, Dorothy retires to the porch, leaving Hermie alone in her bedroom. He approaches her on the porch, where she can only quietly say "Good night, Hermie." He leaves, his last image of Dorothy being of her leaning against the railing, as she smokes a cigarette and stares into the night sky.
At dawn Hermie meets Oscy and the two share a moment of reconciliation, with Oscy informing Hermie that Miriam will recover. Oscy, in an uncharacteristic act of sensitivity, lets Hermie be by himself, departing with the words, "Sometimes life is one big pain in the a$@."
Trying to sort out what has happened, Hermie goes back to Dorothy's house. Dorothy has fled the island in the night and an envelope is tacked to the front door with Hermie's name on it. Inside is a note from Dorothy, saying she hopes he understands she must go back home as there is much to do. She assures Hermie she will never forget him, and he will find his way of remembering what happened that night. Her note closes with the hope that Hermie may be spared the senseless tragedies of life.
In the final scene, Hermie, suddenly approaching manhood, is seen looking at Dorothy's old house and the ocean from a distance before he turns to join his friends. To bittersweet music, the adult Raucher sadly recounts that he has never seen Dorothy again or learned what became of her.
After the film ends, the cast is given by showing a still photo of each of the primary cast members with a superimposed name. The movie had exactly eight on-screen speaking characters: Dorothy, the Terrible Trio, the three teenaged girls and the druggist.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:47:06 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
Yeah, felix, you got me really thinking on this yesterday at the beach!

Remember middle child syndrome? Wanting to prove me better than my siblings? That simply spells ambition.
After grad, I could have gone back to her. But my mind was set on my ambition. Besides, I was too proud to beg her to take me back. Pride is such a foolish mask. You could say that my ambition superseded my love.

Paid the price. Relationships were either fleeting or non-enduring. Even marriage was broken.
The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
And every flame I lit so quickly, quickly died

- song line from Charles Aznavour “Yesterday When I Was Young”

Now a lonely drifter. Searching for my holy grail. Will I find it? Maybe this year. Maybe next year. Maybe never. Who cares?
Di btao ako ang pataygutom. Mao nai kina-iya sa ato. Gutom na, ma-ot lang gihapon. Nagsalig lang kai kitang mga o/s Pinoy charitable man kaau. Biay2Xon pa ta.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:15:14 PM by juan »

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »
 :-*

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »

j

juan

• View Profile
Without love our life is … a ship without a rudder …
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »
"Without love our life is … a ship without a rudder …
like a body without a soul."
-Sholem Aleichem

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:16:29 PM by juan »