TAPA (Filipino cuisine)

• 70 replies

lamay

• View Profile
TAPA (Filipino cuisine)
« on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:54 PM »
Tapa is dried or cured beef or venison, although other meat or even fish may be used. Filipinos prepare thin slices of meat and cure it with salt and spices as a method of preserving it. Tapa is best fried or grilled, often served with rice, fried egg and achara (pickled papaya strips). The term tapa was coined from the Spanish word tapas, meaning "light finger food".

Tapsilog is the term used when tapa, fried rice ("sinangag"), and fried egg ("itlog") are combined into one meal, which is served primarily during breakfast. In Tagalog, a restaurant that primarily serves tapa is called a tapsihan or tapsilugan. According to some sources, "tapsilog" and "tapsihan" are slang words. However, these terms are used by those restaurants and many Filipinos of all social strata. Tapsilog and tapsihan, therefore, may be considered standard words in the Filipino language and not slang.

tapsilog
shake it all off and just have fun!

Re: TAPA (Filipino cuisine)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:52:51 PM »
makagutom man gyud ning gipang post diri nimo myla uy,ug salamat pod kay nalipay mi ani

lamay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:57:44 PM »
makagutom man gyud ning gipang post diri nimo myla uy,ug salamat pod kay nalipay mi ani
hehehe hello there shirley, i'm happy to hear that! enjoy & keep on posting..

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:01:25 AM »
mao bitaw uy, si mikey man gud gi imbitar ko ani kay daghan kuno pagkaon,nag pangita na hinuon ko uy,hehehe

lamay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »
mao bitaw uy, si mikey man gud gi imbitar ko ani kay daghan kuno pagkaon,nag pangita na hinuon ko uy,hehehe
really?! well, that's right and i've got lots of drinks too..

kathy

• life is beautiful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
tama gyud ka shirley makagutom pero lami hehehe..

kingken

• I am whatever you say I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:58:44 AM »
wow.. ang sarap ng handa na pagkain.. nakakagutom..
Bless the man if his heart and land are one...

ryanjoe

• Global Moderator
  • Here without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 03:27:52 AM »
lami gyud ni sya bah! naay tosilog pud, hotsilog.. basta naay itolog.. hehehe. the best!
You had me at my best. She had me at my worst.

angelogats

• OMG Rockz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 05:41:10 AM »
the best jud ang tapa.. pang hapunan bah.. yummy...

lamay

• View Profile
To Snack on Something Sour
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 07:43:38 AM »
Sisig is a Kapampangan term which means "to snack on something sour". It usually refers to fruits, often unripe or half-ripe, sometimes dipped in salt and vinegar. It also refers to a method of preparing fish and meat, especially pork, which is marinated in a sour liquid such as lemon juice or vinegar, then seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices.

Sisig as is popularly known today is actually sizzling sisig, a Philippine dish made from parts of pig’s head and usually seasoned with kalamansi or chili peppers.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 06:18:53 PM by Myla »