• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Kidnapped Aussie pleads for his life
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
05:39 AEDT Thu Jan 5 2012

Kidnapped Australian Warren Rodwell has pleaded for his life in a video that has been sent to his Filipino wife.
In the video, posted on Fairfax websites, a distressed-looking Mr Rodwell says his captors are demanding $US2 million ransom.
"To my family please do whatever to raise the two million US dollars they are asking for my release as soon as possible," he says.
"To the Australian embassy here in the Philippines, this is your constituent appealing for his life and safety ... If I'm given my last wish, my last wish is to please help me out of here alive please Madame Ambassador."
Fairfax reports the proof of life video was sent to Mr Rodwell's wife just before Christmas and lasts less than two minutes.
Mr Rodwell was taken from his home on the southern island of Mindanao on December 5.
Bloodstains were found after the 53-year-old was taken.
Local army commander Major General Noel Coballes said Mr Rodwell tried to fight back against his kidnappers and suffered a wound to his hand.
"The victim fought back because he was an ex-serviceman of the Australian Army. He was hit in the hand because he resisted," Coballes told reporters on Wednesday.
He did not say how severe the wound was.
Major General Coballes said the hunt for Mr Rodwell was continuing in the strife-torn southern Philippines.
"There were several reports ... but we are just trying to find out the exact location of the Australian," he said.
The Australian embassy in Manila issued a statement saying: "Philippine authorities are taking the lead on responding to Mr Rodwell's kidnapping. Our embassy in Manila is working closely with Philippine authorities."
Major General Coballes said it was possible Mr Rodwell was being held by the Abu Sayyaf, an Islamic extremist group founded in the 1990s with seed money from al-Qaeda.
The group has been blamed for the worst terror attacks in Philippine history and has been known to kidnap foreigners and Christians for ransom.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.