92,000 Workers Needed in Australia

• 117 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
92,000 Workers Needed in Australia
« on: February 07, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
February 6, 2012 Good news for overseas workers interested to work in Australia and apply for working visa Australia!
The Australian government just recently admitted a shortfall of 92,000 workers by 2015.

According to federal Tourism Minister Martin Ferguson, due to Australia’s hospitality and tourism industry being so short-staffed, the Australian government is now discussing importing 36,000 cooks, waiters, hotel managers, bartenders, and other skilled workers under a new work visa Australia agreement to fill vacancies; with another 56,000 needed by 2015, according to Immigration Minister Chris Bowen.

The vacancies are caused by a number of factors; chief amongst which is the reluctance of Australians to do “menial” jobs, as well as Australians moving from the hospitality industry into higher paying mining and resources jobs.

Experts say that due to the fact that mining jobs are high-paying, these have lured young Australian workers from traditional fields such as retail and hospitality, while others would rather go on the dole than do certain jobs themselves. However, with the tourism industry responsible for $35 billion worth of annual income to Australia, the government needs to act quickly to address the situation, particularly in regional areas.

Immigration Minister Chris Bowen stated that a template labor agreement will be developed to help to ease labor and skills pressures by improving the ability of the tourism and hospitality industry to attract and retain labor in some of the occupations identified by the industry as being in critical shortage.

Under a new federal plan, tourism and hospitality employers would be allowed to bring in workers on a two to three year Australian work visa similar to the 457 Australia working visa program widely used in the mining sector. This agreement would cover waiters, chefs, bar attendants, hotel managers, and other occupations which are hard to fill locally and are identified by the industry as being in critical shortage, or may be ineligible under other Australia skilled visa migration programs.

Mr. Bowen further said that Australian employers would need to demonstrate they are doing their best to employ and train domestic workers and paying market rates in order to participate in the new agreement. Once approved to participate, employers would now be able to nominate workers for temporary skilled subclass 457 Australian working visa using the template, enabling workers to be granted Australian skilled visa where they meet the requirements.

It has been noted that there is a black market of illegal workers that extend across businesses including restaurants and general laboring.

While hospitality is only one of a number of areas experiencing a lack of Australian workers struggling to fill vacancies, some sectors are being shunned altogether.
 :) ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:47:38 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: 92,000 Workers Needed in Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
very interesting
life is beautiful!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »
Not for me. Hehehe. :) ;)
and why did you posted it? what for?
life is beautiful!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
and why did you posted it? what for?
Surely many there will be. But for me, rather go back home na. ;) Problema lang, naai mga huramentado diha. Martilyuhon ko! Hehehe. :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »
Australia’s hospitality and tourism industry is so short staffed the government needs to import 36,000 cooks, waiters and bartenders immediately

It is also looking for another 56,000 workers by 2015, according to Immigration Minister Chris Bowen. Under a new federal plan, tourism and hospitality employers would be able to bring in workers on a two to three year visa similar to the 457 visa program widely used in the mining sector. The vacancies are caused by a number of factors; chief amongst which is the reluctance of Australians to do “menial”jobs.

Experts say high-paying mining jobs are luring young Australian workers from traditional fields such as retail and hospitality, while others would rather go on the dole than muck in and do certain jobs themselves.

“I hate to say it but there seems to be a sense of entitlement among younger Australians,” Tourism Accommodation Australia boss Rodger Powell said.

“They believe jobs in the service industry are too menial or too low paid and they have been brought up to believe they are destined for something better instead of starting from the bottom and working their way up as generations did before them.”

j

juan

• View Profile
Yes, MG Sheilas! Forget USA. Australia is the dream country. Hehehe.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
Free Report

American Expat Reveals Step-by-Step How He Escaped the Depressed U.S.A. Economy, Secured His Dream Job and Started a New Life in Australia – And How You Can Do It Too!

“Have you ever dreamed you could relocate to a new country and start a new adventure?”

“Have you ever dreamed that this country would be one that has a great temperate climate, beautiful beaches, tropical rainforests, world renowned natural landmarks and a marine harbor that is the envy of the world?”

“Have you ever dreamed that this country has the brightest economic future in the developed world, the wealthiest citizens on planet Earth at $220,000 per capita AND an insatiable demand for skilled workers numbering 750,000 in the next 20 years?”

Well, as sure as you are reading the words on this page, I am here to tell you that your dreams may come true!

Why? Because, as you know from GPSA CEO Jeff Voacolo’s personal story, Australia is the New Land of Opportunity, and could quite possibly the country of your dreams too!

To help you on your way, Jeff is releasing this brand new 40-page report on relocating to Australia – for free!

Download Australia: The New Land of Opportunity FREE PDF Report to discover the 7 Steps on how you can relocate to Australia with a secure, high-paying job – written by Jeff, a guy who has actually done it!

Here is actually what you’ll discover in this 40-page action-packed free report:

The shocking true story of how a CNN news alert started a bizarre chain of events that lead to the author relocating to Australia inside 18 months.

The truth about the U.S. economy and why it will get much worse before it gets better, and why those “in-the-know” are making the move now, before it’s too late.

Why over 80% of the best Australian jobs are not advertised on the “open market” – and how a little known “insider method” can enable you to leap-frog the general public and fast-track your way to a high-paying Aussie job.

The official Australian Government “Skilled Occupation List” –  191 jobs that will almost guarantee you an Australian Work Visa due to the massive skill shortage for these jobs in the local work force.

The 7 steps you must take in order to make your move to Australia an enjoyable, hassle-free and profitable experience – 91% of people who try to relocate to Australia fail to get this right, and pay the consequences.

Plus much, much more…

Free Report - Australia: The New Land of Opportunity
Best,

Jeff

j

juan

• View Profile
And speaking of farming .....
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
Land of opportunity
by: GREG CALLAGHAN From: The Australian January 21, 2012 12:00AM

FORGET 2012 being the year of the dragon. It may well be the year of the farmer.

Food prices are skyrocketing across the world. In the past, surges in world grain prices largely stemmed from drought or floods; now they're much more likely to be the result of demand outstripping supply, spurred by unbridled population growth in Asia, the boom in the middle classes in China and India, and prime arable land being devoured by urbanisation. The depletion of China's main aquifers has led to a decrease in grain production, turning China into a net importer, while India - which depends on ground water for 70 per cent of its irrigation needs - is facing a potential disaster in the next 20 years with collapsing water tables.

The picture isn't any prettier in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia will rely on imports of wheat by 2016 after the government called an end to irrigated wheat as it fights to save its ancient fossil aquifers. Egypt, once the bread- basket of the Roman Empire, is now the world's largest importer of wheat. There were food riots in Algeria last year, and most of the Horn of Africa was in famine.

...So what does this mean for Australia - a nation that already exports two-thirds of its food supply - in the coming decades? Export earnings from agriculture are expected to reach a record high in 2011-12 - a taste, no doubt, of things to come.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
Yes, indeed! We're rich in both mining and agriculture. Need me say more? ??? Hehehe. :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
Jobs In The Australia Mining Industry
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
We have extensive experience helping people get into the Australia mining industry. But in saying that we are not a quick fix. We are not a recruitment agency and it is not possible to guarantee employment, however if you follow our comprehensive recommendations and advice, you will maximise your employment prospects.

We advise you on what you need to know to secure a mining job. We have assisted many people who are interested in high paying positions such as dump truck driving roles, as well as many other types of mining jobs. This is your future career - and you need to do it right. We can also help you avoid making common mistakes which can delay or affect your employment chances.

Fill in the form on the right or visit our get started page and receive information that tells you exactly how to go about getting a job in the Australia mining industry, where the average salary is over $90,000 a year. Our expert recommendations on suitable jobs are based on your specific requirements:

•the jobs you indicate an interest in (or that we identify would be
suited to you)
•the regions you want to work in
•training and licenses you require (if any), and where to get these
•and we take into account your other preferences.

Please fill out the form on the right to enquire about our services.

For your convenience we can be contacted at any one of our mailing addresses:

Mining Australia
Melbourne VIC 3001

Mining Australia
Sydney NSW 2001

Mining Australia
Brisbane QLD 4001 Mining Australia
Perth WA 6849

or email: [email protected]

or get in touch with: Rene Faeldan - Australia | LinkedIn
We used to be barkadas in the Phil. He's a Pinoy holding a management position in mining. :) ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:02:13 PM by juan »