• 27 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Philippine Workers to Fill Australian Labour Shortage
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
mabigyan pansin sana to ng mga kababayan natin

Nasa kanila na iyon to take the initiative to persist in applying. Otherwise, walang mangyayari sa kanila. :)

More Updates and shocked faces

Yet another reason for kababayans back home to go abroad and earn $. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:23:08 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
This site is inundated with excellent tips on Australian job opportunities. The rest is up to kababayans back home. :) ;)
"Prosperity is never a given. It must be earned. The journey is never one of shortcuts or settling for less.
It is not the path for the fainthearted -- for those who prefer leisure over hard work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame.
Rather, it is the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things -- some celebrated, but more often men and women obscure in their labour -- who carry themselves up the long, rugged path toward prosperity and freedom. (Barack Obama)"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »
waddya reckon, mate? Optimistic? ??? Thinking positively? ??? :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
Can Australia’s resources industry cope with the shortage of local engineering talent?

Posted: 13/01/2014 9:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Training-and-Development, Mining

The Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency (AWPA) has released a report that suggests that by 2018, there will be a serious shortage of a skilled workforce in the resources sector.

According to the AWPA report, there will be a 7% increase in mining employment by 2018. The oil and gas sector will also see a major boom in employment as it is expected to rise by almost 50% in the next four years. From around 39,000 workers currently employed in the oil and gas industry, this number is likely to rise to 61,212 in 2018.

The major concern that has been brought to light by the report submitted by AWPA is that in the coming years, there will be lack of domestic engineering expertise in Australia. Along with shortage of local engineering talent, there is also a probability of facing scarcity of chemical, gas, petroleum drillers and power generation plant operators.

Greater measures have to be put into place to address this skills gap in the Australian resources industry. Both the industry and government are working together to address the lack of domestic expertise in this sector. AWPA has advocated apprenticeship schemes for oil and gas jobs while the key players in the mining industry are offering post-graduate training courses in automated technology.

Keith Spence, an AWPA board member said: “The oil and gas industries needed to pursue a “more co-ordinated approach,” and “work together rather than independently.”

Spence believes that the educators, government and the industry together have to develop strategies to source local talent to address shortage of skills in the oil, gas and mining industry.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/january-2014-(1)/can-australias-resources-industry-cope-with-the-sh.aspx 

Quote from: juan on July 09, 2013, 03:17:48 PM
Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.
 :-* ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
BHP Billiton sees enormous growth in iron ore and coal output
Posted: 2/09/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Mining

Mining company BHP Billiton reported happy news in its end of year operational review, with numbers showing an enormous growth in its iron ore and coking coal output since last year.

Thanks to a nine per cent increase in production across the board, the miner’s output levels have soared as operations became more and more efficient. The output of iron ore in Western Australia was so high that it set the miner’s fourteenth annual production record.

According to Australian Mining, the head of BHP Billiton, Andrew Mackenzie, said “our focus on productivity has resulted in significant improvement in operating performance at each of our major businesses this year, with a nine per cent increase in group production and record output at 12 operations.

“We expect to maintain a strong momentum and remain on track to generate group production growth of 16 per cent overt the two years to the end of the 2015 financial year.”

Operations in Western Australia have increased by 20 per cent in the last six months, with output volumes growing to 225 million tonnes. BHP Billiton has forecast the numbers to continue growing next year, predicting an increase of 11 per cent.

Not only has the growth increased output of iron ore and coking coal, but mineral resources has also reached 13 per cent more productivity, and metallurgical coal operations also jumped 20 per cent within the last six months.

This means the 11 per cent growth prediction could end up being on the modest side!
Mr Mackenzie noted that the Jimblebar mine in WA was one of its best assets, saying that the big increases were largely in thanks to productivity and output at that location. He said that “the early commissioning of Jimblebar and our productivity agenda [which] raised the capacity of our integrated supply chain.

“The ramp-up of Jimblebar to 35 million tonnes per annum is now expected before the end of the 2014 calendar year and will support a further 30 million tonnes increase in WAIOP production to approximately 245 million tonnes in the 2015 financial year.

“A low-cost option to expand Jimblebar to 55 mtpa and broader debottlenecking of the supply chain are expected to underpin further growth in capacity towards 270 mtpa.”

Should growth continue at such a rate, there could be opportunities for coal and iron ore miners to gain employment with BHP Billiton. Now that the miner has seen how much output and productivity is possible, it may need to create new jobs in order to keep up with supply. - See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/september-2014/bhp-billiton-sees-enormous-growth-in-iron-ore-and-.aspx#sthash.rAMNLMpR.dpuf

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »
Australian Mining 21 June, 2012 Andrew Duffy

For most jobseekers looking for work in the resources industry having 'mining experience' is the Holy Grail.
Despite a wealth of transferrable skills and boundless enthusiasm, without mining experience most job applications won't go far.
Whilst many recruiters and job experts have long advised inexperienced applicants to apply for utility work on the mines, most jobseekers are usually unimpressed with the advice.
Nevertheless starting work as a cleaner, bar tender, or other support role, can be one of the best ways for inexperienced applicants to get a foot in the door.
Once on the inside, moving around within a company and the industry is much easier
With more and more work up for offer some jobseekers are taking this advice and scoring work.
One successful applicant Steven Chivers, a qualified baker with no mining experience, told Australian Mining over Twitter he'd just scored a job in the industry as a fly-in fly-out bar tender and kitchen hand.
Chivers said while he wasn't working in the pit, the pay was still great.

To read more, click http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/how-to-get-a-mining-job-with-no-experience

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 11:25:42 PM »
Can Australia’s resources industry cope with the shortage of local engineering talent?

Posted: 13/01/2014 9:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Oil-and-gas, Training-and-Development, Mining

The Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency (AWPA) has released a report that suggests that by 2018, there will be a serious shortage of a skilled workforce in the resources sector.

According to the AWPA report, there will be a 7% increase in mining employment by 2018. The oil and gas sector will also see a major boom in employment as it is expected to rise by almost 50% in the next four years. From around 39,000 workers currently employed in the oil and gas industry, this number is likely to rise to 61,212 in 2018.

The major concern that has been brought to light by the report submitted by AWPA is that in the coming years, there will be lack of domestic engineering expertise in Australia. Along with shortage of local engineering talent, there is also a probability of facing scarcity of chemical, gas, petroleum drillers and power generation plant operators.

Greater measures have to be put into place to address this skills gap in the Australian resources industry. Both the industry and government are working together to address the lack of domestic expertise in this sector. AWPA has advocated apprenticeship schemes for oil and gas jobs while the key players in the mining industry are offering post-graduate training courses in automated technology.

Keith Spence, an AWPA board member said: “The oil and gas industries needed to pursue a “more co-ordinated approach,” and “work together rather than independently.”

Spence believes that the educators, government and the industry together have to develop strategies to source local talent to address shortage of skills in the oil, gas and mining industry.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/january-2014-(1)/can-australias-resources-industry-cope-with-the-sh.aspx 
Posted: 3/10/2012 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Construction

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has reformed the 476 visa scheme resulting in a 900% increase in the number of overseas graduates eligible to work in Australia.

What is the 476 visa?
The 476 visa is designed for engineering graduates who obtained a tertiary engineering degree to live and work in Australia for up to 18 months. Applicants have to be younger than 31 years of age. [Like me.] ;D

Prior to the reforms, the list of approved institutions was quite short with only 108 institutions listed. Now the list recognises all universities accredited by Engineers Australia, the peak body responsible for assessing skilled migration in the engineering sector.

Industry supports change
To give some perspective to this change, Industry association, Consult Australia, says the number of approved universities in the USA has jumped from 16 to 386.

Megan Motto, CEO of Consult Australia, explains the significance of the decision to expand the list of approved institutions on the engineering skills shortage in Australia.

“By extrapolating the trends for visa holders of Britain, the US, South Africa, Canada and Malaysia, we predict the permanent engineering workforce will be boosted by a minimum of four per cent.”

“The reality is that our engineering industry desperately needs  graduates to progress through the seniority ranks in Australia to subsidise the shortage of local engineers.”

It’s expected regional areas will benefit from these changes including mining, energy and oil and gas operations. As the 476 visa can be converted to a general skilled migration, the reforms are expected to have a long-term impact on the engineering workforce.

What this means for jobseekers
If you’re a young, qualified engineer, it’s just become easier to work in Australia. As the engineering skills shortage continues to plague the Australian resources industry, government, industry, and industry associations are working together to bring more qualified people into the Australian workforce. Employers in the mining industry, oil companies and energy businesses are all experiencing a severe shortage of engineers. Now is a great time for young engineers to consider an engineering job in Australia.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/October-2012/900-increase-for-overseas-engineering-graduate-vis.aspx :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
Three useful tips on how to get your first job in Australia quicker than others : )
Three useful tips on how to get your first job in Australia quicker than others : )

Published on Sep 18, 2013
Ken Soong (co-author of "Migrating to Australia Good Meh") talks about what you can do to improve your chances of landing your first job in Australia.

Basically, in getting a job, you must satisfy two groups of criteria.

The first group of criteria are all those things expected of any job applicant. For example, your CV must be informative enough yet concise. Language and words used must be simple, straightforward and clear. Interviewee must arrive on time, be well-groomed and presentable, carry him or herself with confidence... etc.

The second group of criteria are all the (positive/creative/resourceful/unique) things that are not normally expected of you and yet you do it. For example, ( i ) posting them a letter in addition to your electronic application, ( ii ) disclosing more information on your CV (yet not too long-winded) than others - such as qualifications that you plan to attain, ( iii ) having the relevant job experience even though it is volunteer work (which actually proves your passion in your work.

Hope these tips will help you land yourself your desired job, or at least brings you more interview opportunities which would improve your future success rate.

j

juan

• View Profile
Solar powered mining to start next year
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
The Australian mining industry is very2X interested!!!!!
 :o :o :o :o :o

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted: 8/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Energy, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Alternative-energy

In an interesting twist to the mining industry's cost efficiency drive, next year will see the first solar powered remote mine opening.

For an industry more commonly associated with fossil fuels, some may find Rio Tinto's solar powered bauxite mine in Queensland, WA, ironic; but it's a logical next step for mine operators struggling with the cost of fuel.

It makes sense. Mining is Australia's largest industrial energy consumer, and the price of solar power is plummeting, particularly compared with the transportation costs associated with shipping diesel to remote locations in the outback. And in the face of a global commodity slump, mine operators are looking to cut costs wherever they can. If solar energy is cheaper, so be it.

The Rio Tinto mine is just the first example. Indeed, the $23 million bill for implementing the solar technology has been partially backed by government subsidy, as it serves as a proof of concept. The Australian Renewable Energy Agency hopes the project will demonstrate the efficacy of the technology to other miners and help spread the use of clean energy throughout the industry.

Make no mistake, it's a gradual process. The initial phase of the Rio Tinto project will install a 1.7 megawatt (MW) Solar Photovoltaic array, projected to reduce demand on the Weipa mine's diesel generator by up to 20%, with production eventually ramping up to 5MW, allowing the diesel to be switched off entirely during certain times of the day.

But with costs for diesel and delivery expected to rise over the next few years, 73 mining projects across Australia were already at the 'committed' stage for solar projects as of April 2013, all currently expected to engage in similar hybrid energy solutions as at the Weipa mine.

But as the use of clean energy becomes more widespread, the costs will fall. That's why although the first phase of the Weipa mine array may sound relatively unimpressive, it could well be the first step in a transition for the entire industry towards clean, off-grid energy – cutting costs in the long term, helping the environment, and ultimately providing more energy security for remote mines, able to provide their own electricity.

Be a part of mining's future – see what job opportunities are available at miningoilandgasjobs.com

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/solar-powered-mining-to-start-next-year.aspx#sthash.cPOoo3Is.dpuf

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you look at the map, Weipa is located in the northernmost tip of Queensland. Only walking distance ;D from the Philippines.
More Updates and shocked faces

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:35:47 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
It’s no secret that the Australian mining sector pays well
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Career-resources

In a recent controversial statement, Mitsui's chief of Australian operations, Yasushi Takahashi said the “inconvenient truth” of Australian mining is that wages are too high. Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that it is a “good thing we are seeing high wages in the most liveable country in the world... If that's sustainable that's fine. But one concern is, is it really sustainable?”

The average annual wage for someone working in Australian mining is $138,000, more than double the US average. This has been a point of pride for the industry, but while the commodity sector is engaged in an enormous efficiency drive, thanks largely to a slump in global commodity prices, many bosses such as Takahashi are seeing such high labour costs as prohibitive. Roughly 25% of the cost of running a mine in Australia is comprised of labour, compared to 15% on average worldwide.

His concerns were preceded by a 2014 report by PwC that found Australia's high wages weren't matched by productivity: “Mining equipment in Australia runs at lower annual outputs than most of its global peers”, attributing the shortfall almost entirely to labour.

Of course, this begs the question – would productivity increase if wages were cut? Further, as recognised elsewhere, while some in the industry are seeking work overseas – unable to find employment in their speciality; exploration work in particular is not as available as it was as Australian mining has transitioned from opening new mines to operating those mines – high wages are arguably what brings people back down under.

It's also important to note that even in the wider economic context, mining remains the largest contributor to Australian economic growth, making it essential for us to attract and retain the best people we can. And if that means keeping wages high, that means keeping wages high.

Whatever side you come down on, salaries in Australian mining are higher than elsewhere. That's an issue that won't be going anywhere soon.
Australian mining salaries are the highest in the world. See what you could earn here

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/its-no-secret-that-the-australian-mining-sector-pa.aspx#sthash.vIC36bSl.dpuf