Karratha, Western Australia destined to become a world-class city

• 19 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Karratha is a small town adjoining the port of Dampier in the Pilbara region of Western Australia which was developed from the 1960s to accommodate the processing and exportation workforce of the Hamersley Iron mining company and, in the 1980s, the petroleum and liquefied natural gas operations of the North West Shelf Venture. The town's name comes from the cattle station from which land was reclaimed for the development. Karratha in the local Aboriginal language means 'God's country' or 'Sacred Earth' . The town is the seat of government of the Shire of Roebourne.
Geography
Karratha is located approximately 1,535 kilometres (954 mi) north of Perth and 850 kilometres (528 mi) south of Broome on the North West Coastal Highway.
Population
16796 (2007)(2006).
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Karratha, Western Australia destined to become a world-class city
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
The Shire of Roebourne and the WA Government have launched exciting new plans to transform Karratha into a world-class City of the North.

From a new-look town centre to waterfront developments and new residential lots the bold blueprint paths the way for Karratha to become a major Australian city with more than 50,000 local residents.

The Karratha City of the North Plan has been at the drawing board since late 2009 and involved a team of more than 20 of WA’s best and brightest urban designers, planners and landscape architect.

The plan takes the region one step closer to “realising the dream” of achieving the WA Government’s Pilbara Cities vision. The Karratha City of the North Plan endows the region with vastly improved infrastructure and amenity and offers more affordable and diverse styles of housing.

The Karratha City of the North Plan is a three-phase strategy that will guide the development of future housing, open spaces, commercial activities, tourist accommodation, entertainment and retail areas as well as service infrastructure, transport, education and community facilities.

The Karratha City of the North Plan includes a number of strategic community well-being and infrastructure projects designed to provide immediate improvements to public amenity and lifestyle for local residents.These include:
•Pam Buchanan Family Centre
•Frank Butler Community Centre
•Karratha Leisure Complex
•Cattrall Park Redevelopment
•The Youth Shed
•Bulgarra Sporting Precinct
•Permanent Playground Shade

Interested to know more? Click http://www.roebourne.wa.gov.au/city_north_home.aspx  :) ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:36:52 PM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Oh, how awesome life will be to be living in this new modern city!!!!!
Well planned and spread out. Not crowded like LA, USA or Manila, Philippines.
:) ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:49:26 PM by juan »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »
wow...
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
Just a small mining town, mate. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Cannot imagine how Australia will look like a decade from now. Oh, how I wish I were your age! :) ;)

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
i would love to live there

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
Who doesn’t? Hehehe. :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »
But, as mentioned, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows what’s being planned for other mining towns?
Nearby Port Hedland is also planned to be turned into a city. Although, relative to Karratha, Port Hedland is more urbanized. In other words, neither new nor modern. Merely, making improvements.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:01:47 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Karratha is only the beginning.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
Reminds me of Manila Chinese Cemetery in Grace Park, Caloocan. Probably started with simple tombs built. But the rich Chinese in Manila wanted to show-off. Nagpasikatay or nagpalabwanay. So that, everytime a new tomb was built, it surpassed the beauty and splendour of previous ones. The cemetery even appeared in McGuinness Book of World Records. Also in Ripley's Believe It or Not. A tourist attraction.
Similarly here, the next town to be turned into a city will surpass the magnificence and grandeur of Karratha. Believe that's what town planners have in mind. Turn mining towns into world class cities. Make Australia the centre for tourist attractions. The envy of every other nation.
Oh, yes, there's gonna be a massive demand for civil and electrical engineers to develop the mining towns.
How I  really wish I were of Zulacs' age! Migrate here as an engineer. Live 5 years maximum. Gain a wealth of experience in the town planning board. Then go home and be a town planning engineer. Perhaps, even head the government department. If already an Australian citizen, then be a consultant. And have my own construction company as one of the contractors.
Know why driving around Manila is a nightmare? It was poorly planned. Same with Cebu. Gotta have a central planning board.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:09:10 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
i would love to live there
Who doesn’t? Hehehe. :) ;)
Who wants to live in the gutter? ??? :) ;)