$152 million LNG modular contract awarded to Philippines-based company

• 5 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Australian Mining 6 November, 2012 Vicky Validakis

AG&P have been awarded the $152 million modularisation contract to support the Ichthys LNG project in the Northern Territory.
The contract to modularise 28 local electrical rooms (LER) and local instrumentation rooms (LIR) will provide the electrical backbone for the Ichthys Project.
The Ichthys Project is the second-largest private investment in Australia’s history. At the peak of construction, a workforce of approximately 3,000 will be needed to build the onshore facilities, which include an LNG plant, a condensate plant, product loading jetties and a 300-megawatt power station.
The LER/LIR fabrication and assembly is to be one hundred per cent constructed and integrated in Batangas, Philippines, with production expected to begin in the first quarter of 2013, the product will then be shipped back to NT in three years.
Chairman of AG&P, Joseph Sigelman said the company was ‘thrilled that it can support this vital project which will provide critical LNG to Japan and other countries.”
As part of the project, Sigelman told Australian Mining that all 17,000 tonnes of steel used will be sourced from BlueScope Steel.
Sigelman highlighted the readiness of the industry to develop ‘more comprehensive and complete modules’ that were ‘fully outfitted with complex electrical and instrumentation systems installed and tested prior to shipment.”
“Modularisation has been around as a concept, the issue is that now modularisation is fundamentally changing,” he told Australian Mining.
“In the past it was mostly steel and pipe, mainly frames.”
“Now we’re integrating electrical systems, mechanical systems, instrumentation, heating ventilation and air conditioning in addition to the steel and the pipes.”
“Now we’re actually getting into the heart of these things and the more work that gets put into the modules that get shipped, the more affective the modularisation system is.”
Sigelman said that often there was not the man-power or financial viability to undertake such large-scale projects on site, and that this directly affected the way a project was viewed by investors.
“If you can actually reduce the cost structure of these (large-scale projects) you wind up making these projects financially viable and it has a huge impact,” he added.

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: $152 million LNG modular contract awarded to Philippines-based company
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »
i am so happy for the Philippine Government!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:14:52 PM »
i am so happy for the Philippine Government!
Even more so for our kababayans back home. Create jobs.
Considering that the Australian mining company didn't choose another country shows the confidence it has on Filipino ingenuity and on the ability the Filipino can deliver the quality of products Australia wants.
This may just be the tip of the iceberg - like a pilot case. Once deemed successful, others will follow. Australian mines relying on Filipino technology, manpower and cheap labour.
:) ;)

“Interdependence is better than independence” :) ;)
- Covey

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Even more so for our kababayans back home. Create jobs.
Considering that the Australian mining company didn't choose another country shows the confidence it has on Filipino ingenuity and on the ability the Filipino can deliver the quality of products Australia wants.
This may just be the tip of the iceberg - like a pilot case. Once deemed successful, others will follow. Australian mines relying on Filipino technology, manpower and cheap labour.

There's is also a massive LNG plant in Broome, WA yet to be constructed. http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php?topic=13891.msg543830#msg543830
And many more to come. Not to mention the ones in big brother USA.
Yes, indeed! A boon to kababayans back home.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:44:28 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »
Australian Mining 6 November, 2012 Vicky Validakis

AG&P have been awarded the $152 million modularisation contract to support the Ichthys LNG project in the Northern Territory.
The contract to modularise 28 local electrical rooms (LER) and local instrumentation rooms (LIR) will provide the electrical backbone for the Ichthys Project.
The Ichthys Project is the second-largest private investment in Australia’s history. At the peak of construction, a workforce of approximately 3,000 will be needed to build the onshore facilities, which include an LNG plant, a condensate plant, product loading jetties and a 300-megawatt power station.
The LER/LIR fabrication and assembly is to be one hundred per cent constructed and integrated in Batangas, Philippines, with production expected to begin in the first quarter of 2013, the product will then be shipped back to NT in three years.
Chairman of AG&P, Joseph Sigelman said the company was ‘thrilled that it can support this vital project which will provide critical LNG to Japan and other countries.”
As part of the project, Sigelman told Australian Mining that all 17,000 tonnes of steel used will be sourced from BlueScope Steel.
Sigelman highlighted the readiness of the industry to develop ‘more comprehensive and complete modules’ that were ‘fully outfitted with complex electrical and instrumentation systems installed and tested prior to shipment.”
“Modularisation has been around as a concept, the issue is that now modularisation is fundamentally changing,” he told Australian Mining.
“In the past it was mostly steel and pipe, mainly frames.”
“Now we’re integrating electrical systems, mechanical systems, instrumentation, heating ventilation and air conditioning in addition to the steel and the pipes.”
“Now we’re actually getting into the heart of these things and the more work that gets put into the modules that get shipped, the more affective the modularisation system is.”
Sigelman said that often there was not the man-power or financial viability to undertake such large-scale projects on site, and that this directly affected the way a project was viewed by investors.
“If you can actually reduce the cost structure of these (large-scale projects) you wind up making these projects financially viable and it has a huge impact,” he added.

Think dongas are also manufactured here. Makes sense. :) ;)

Asking me? ??? If yes, while at work, they'll be sleeping inside dongas in the minesite.
When I was working in Koolan Island, my office was a donga located on top of the quarry overlooking the pit below. Had a 360-degree breath-taking view of the sea. As a single staff member, accommodation was a motel-type room sleeping solo in the bachelor’s quarter – also a donga. When got married, lived in a 2-bedroom unit. There were also houses for staff members with children.
For in-depth info, best to ask people concerned as that was 30+ yrs ago.

Our Dongas provide multi-purpose site-office and accommodation solutions for all types of industries. Whether operating in the remotest outback or in the biggest city, workers in all sectors, from mining and construction to tourism and government, need safe and reliable work-site buildings. Ausco's dongas tick all the boxes. Our dongas are transportable modular buildings, made with the highest standard of materials and design, and are practical for accommodating almost any site need - whether temporary or permanent. A quality donga can be delivered and installed quickly at an economic price, with personalized or custom specifications. The versatile features of portable dongas make them a preferred solution for experienced decision-makers in all sectors, whether used in modular housing or for work buildings such as site offices.

To read more, click http://www.ausco.com.au/donga.htm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:38:55 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Northern Territory leads on construction work
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:11:57 PM »
Posted: 12/08/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Mining, Construction

The Northern Territory is enjoying its spot as the second strongest economy in Australia, coming behind Western Australia. However, while it may be second place overall, it comes first in four key areas: economic growth, low unemployment, business investment, and construction work.

According to Sourceable, an industry news and analysis reporter, the news comes from the July release of State of the States. State of the States treasurer, Dave Tollner, made a statement calling the Northern Territory “the place to be”, and pointed out the “phenomenal job opportunities and enormous economic potential” of the area.

The four areas mentioned above all work together to create the ideal environment for job-seeking construction workers: economic growth and business investment make way for crucial funding for projects, and also create the necessity for new constructions. The low unemployment means less competition for jobs – and the general boost in construction work means there’s plenty for everyone.

The first quarter of 2014 saw construction work in the Northern Territory leap by 17.5 per cent, which is a significantly higher amount than Queensland – which came in second with a boost of 6.4 per cent. Western Australia’s construction areas grew only 1.4 per cent during the same period.

Economic activity is up by almost 36 per cent, and unemployment in the state is just 3.9 per cent – the second lowest in the country.

Part of the Northern Territory’s current success in construction work could also be attributed to the recent announcement by BIS Shrapnel that the home building industry has experienced significant growth across the whole nation over the last year, and is expected to continue to grow by an impressive amount each year until around 2018, which is when BIS estimates that the country’s housing deficit will has been addressed.

In any case, builders and construction workers looking for jobs may want to consider the Northern Territory as it enjoys its economic boom. As the construction industry is one of its key areas of growth, jobseekers can expect to find their hunt turning up plenty of good prospective work in this state.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/august-2014-(1)/northern-territory-leads-on-construction-work.aspx

Darwin, capital of Northern Territory, is 3.5 hours flight to Philippines. Looking at the map, Cape York Peninsula is even closer. When more mining is done, more likely to have an international airport included to eventually turn it into a world-class city. Much more likely so if enough fifo Filipinos working there will fly back to Philippines every roster out. Would be great, wouldn't it? Going home every fortnight. Hehehe.   :) ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:19:32 PM by juan »