Jobs in Antarctica 2012–2013

• 44 replies

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Re: Jobs in Antarctica 2012–2013
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 12:45:12 AM »
pagka tugnaw wow wowowowow...

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php?topic=17279.0

Mabuti para mararanasan mo ang ganyang klaseng buhay.
As Frank Sinatra sang in "My Way",
"I've lived a life that's full,
I've traveled each and every highway, ..."
 :) ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:50:42 AM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:46 AM »
maajo diha ug naa atong minahal pareng juan...
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
maajo diha ug naa atong minahal pareng juan...
Hayyy! Kalami. Hehehe :) ;)
Living abroad is not all bed of roses, mate. :)

Any comment, skipper? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:14:17 AM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Chef (Attention: RG!!!!!)
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 10:45:07 PM »
As the station chef, your establishment is the only restaurant for thousands of kilometres!
If expeditioners don't like your cooking, they can't try the place next door because there isn't one!
Your job is probably one of the most challenging and rewarding on station, and there are many things to consider to successfully run your kitchen in such isolated conditions.
As the chef you will be responsible for station cooking and catering, food and kitchen hygiene, maintaining accurate records of all food and consumables, stock control, and for assisting with the re-ordering of food and consumables for the next season.
What will you actually do on the job?
•   Provide a nutritious and varied diet for expeditioners from Monday to Saturday inclusive (chefs are rostered off on Sundays during winter months).
•   Satisfy varied dietary requirements eg vegetarians and vegans.
•   Maintain the kitchen and utensils in a safe, operational and hygienic condition.
•   Manage food and consumable stock and ensure suitable storage.
•   Supervise and train the rostered kitchen staff.
•   Monitor usage of food items to enable re-ordering for next year.
•   Promote a convivial and sociable working and dining environment.
•   Manage food stocks at field huts and depots.
•   Prior to departure for Antarctica, assist with the ordering of kitchen equipment and consumables, and food including items for special dietary requirements.
As well as these specific job roles you will also be required to perform station duties rostered by the station leader to support community life, such as general kitchen duties, garbage clearance, water duties, and assisting other expedition members with official programs. You may volunteer for other duties such as firefighting, hydroponics and boating.

To read more, click http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/experiences/chef 

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »
read read lang, wishing to be a good skipper.

j

juan

• View Profile
Living at Davis station, Antarctica
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »

j

juan

• View Profile
Living at Casey station, Antarctica
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 07:11:41 AM »
enjoy naman pala sa antartica

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
Antarctic plan to be revealed
7 News October 10, 2014, 8:36 am

Australia's plan to remain a key player in Antarctica is set to be revealed.

The nation has a "long and proud" association with its frozen neighbour and wants to build on the connection, the federal government says.
It was a coalition election promise to produce The 20 Year Australian Antarctic Strategic Plan, which Environment Minister Greg Hunt will unveil in Hobart on Friday.
In producing the report, the Australian Antarctic Division called for submissions from relevant stakeholders.
The Australian Academy of Science warned that a decline in funding has seen a downturn in Antarctic research which risks Australia's territorial claim of the ice continent.
Based on geographic proximity Australia claims 43 per cent of the ice continent, but maintaining that depends on demonstrating a substantial scientific program under the Antarctic Treaty.

In its promotion of the plan, the division said it outlines recommendations on how the federal and state governments can work with business and researchers.

To watch video, click https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25223935/antarctic-plan-to-be-revealed/ 

go go go thanks Juan sa info

Bag-o lang ko naghisgut about RG going to Antarctica, ... then, this news. :D

Hmmmm! This is interesting. Something tells me a virgin goddess is there anxiously waiting for RG to rupture her hymen. Hehe :) ;)

Yes, RG, what are you waiting for? ??? But, if she happens to be Medusa, I will not be responsible! ;D ;)