juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
New ABS Figures Show Top Wages in Mining Industry
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »

$$$ Money!!! $$$ Money!!! $$$ Money!!! $$$

Posted: 28/01/2013 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Energy

New figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released last week show the mining boom is continuing to drive wages in the resources industry.

The Employee Earnings and Hours report is published in Australia every two years. It provides statistics on employee earnings and the number of hours worked. The information is broken down in a variety of ways including industry, gender and location.

Mining wages the clear winner
The mining industry pays the highest wages in Australia as shown by the chart below. The average weekly cash earnings for miners is $2,388.20, as of May 2012. The average hourly rate for total cash earnings in the mining industry is $52.30

Mike Scott, ABS Director of Labour Employer Surveys, provides perspective on how the mining industry stacks up.

"Across industries, average weekly total cash earnings for all employees ranged from $539 in the accommodation and food services industry to $2,388 in the mining industry. In the mining industry, 63 per cent of full-time adult non-managerial employees earned weekly total cash earnings of more than $2,000 per week.”

Operators and drivers work longest hours
Employees of the Australian resources industry also came out on the top of another list – occupations with the longest average work week. Of all the major occupation groups, full-time non-managerial adult machinery operators and drivers clocked the highest average weekly total hours paid at 43.7 hours.

What this means for jobseekers
While wages in the mining industry are high, it’s also generating the longest work week. The mining industry – and the Australian resources industry as a whole – continues to provide excellent career options for people who want to work hard. It also provides plenty of opportunity for people who prefer to work in the skilled trades.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/Our-Blog/January-2013/New-ABS-Figures-Show-Top-Wages-in-Mining-Industry.aspx
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.