THE STANDARD OF BEAUTY PAGEANTS IN BOHOL: RAISE IT PUT A FLARE TO IT!

• 12 replies
I am not here to criticize,..I am not even here to ostracize the standards of beauty pageants in Bohol. I am a proud Boholana myself. I had been in one or two of these events a few years back. Yes, as a candidate. But after witnessing the grand production of MISS CEBU last January 2013, I believe it is time for Boholano pageant organizers to bring the Boholano beauty pageant standards a notch or two higher. Not for the sake of competing against what Cebu or other provinces has achieved but for the sake of bringing the Boholana beauty into a higher, more sophisticated and international-competition-ready level. The standard of a Boholana's beauty isn't the one in question here. It has always been proven throughout the years that Boholanas have what it takes to make it BIG in the world of beauty pageants. Boholanas are known to be witty and attractive. Its just ironic that for some reasons, the production of our beauty pageants has not improved over the past years... No, the level has not decreased...but neither  did it improve. Its just stagnant. Like water on a pale. But isn't water more attractive when it is flowing? That's the irony there. I don't really believe that Bohol doesn't have the capacity to improve the whole production of its beauty pageants. Let's focus on MISS BOHOL SANDUGO.

It is thought to be the biggest and grandest pageant in the province because it falls on the Sandugo  Festival, the biggest Festival in the province of Bohol. The girls are on the newspaper, yes. Their faces are printed on a tarpaulin  hanged somewhere in the city and they're having photoshoots, prejudging, talent shows, etc. But let us look closely on the production of the whole event per se. There really isn't much exposure for the girls, no motorcades, no mall tours or shop tours,their shoes aren't even sponsored and most of them have to spend their own money just to get to the competition, some of them I heard aren't even official representatives. Now let's go to the production of the talent show. In the past two years, the talent night had been held at a temporary stage near the pier. Yes, it is accessible to the city people and attracts attention BUT. Don't the girls deserve a better, more decent place to showcase their talents where there is a proper, well-lighted dressing room, guarded well so that huge perverted eyes could not swivel around looking for any signs of exposed skin and a perfectly safe stage where the girls could shake off the fear of falling off and being embarrassed because of the uneven wooden stage?
Next, the pageant night itself. Yes, it is grand and well-rehearsed but the venue is too crowded, the stage itself is too small if you're talking about 15 or more girls and the backstage is just MESSY and HUMID. No offense to the Bohol Cultural Center but It is definitely not the perfect place where one can conduct a huge pageant. In 2011, the stage had to hold 19 or more girls in trailing gowns and from where I was standing I knew the girls were beyond uncomfortable.  The production was simple and safe with a little hint of flare but safe and simple isn't what we are looking for in pageants. We want to be surprised. And we don't get that.
Lastly, I think the production staff should work on the theme of the whole competition, the dancers, the stage lights, the decoration, the marketing, THE DETAILS always counts and it is what is disregarded most of the time. It's frustrating to know that we can give more but we just settle on what's enough.
There really is a lot more to say but I'm probably boring you all. I hope the local government of Bohol and the organizers could work on this one and present a better, surprising pageant this year.  Remember, the standard of Filipino beauty pageants are higher, thanks to the likes of Venus, Shamcey and Janine. I really think we should keep up!

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, like MISS CEBU on Facebook and you'll see a full-blown sneak into the grand production of MISS CEBU 2013 Coronation night. You be the judge..What should we improve?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:49:33 AM by drei lee »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
I just noticed that when Raul Gatal left and not hosting the Miss Bohol Sandugo, it is not as fabulous as before :(

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
As true with any show, boils down to money. Believe Cebu has relatively more funding. As such, can afford to make its beauty pageant  grander. :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
pero sayang talaga ang seasoned host ng Bohol na si Brew

j

juan

• View Profile
Ganyan ang buhai. But, with the economic downturn affecting the Philippines so badly, presenting an ostentatious beauty pageant in a relatively provincial Bohol might become subject to a lot of intense worldwide controversies.

Wouldn't dare comment on what would be the consensus of the o/s Pinoys. :) ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
he's got left and right offers, hindi na nga sinisipot sa last minute ang show ;D

j

juan

• View Profile
Where’s Brew? Is he polishing young Pinay resumes?
 ;D ;)

leoudtohan

• the world is a flipside
    • View Profile
it's really true, miss bohol sandugo needs total change if they want to produce top caliber beauty queen.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
it's really true, miss bohol sandugo needs total change if they want to produce top caliber beauty queen.
sige pa diay daginot? ayaw tawon diha sila ibutang sa Kilum Kilum ug pantalan woist

brew

• Global Moderator
  • we love not by choice but by chance...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
what does the T.S. mean by flare? flare referring to flame? blaze? illumination? or is it flair which means smartness and creativity in style?
anyway, regardless whether it's flare or flair, i agree with the T.S.

the problem i believe boils down to politics and the seeming negligence and ineptitude of the people behind it. gone are the so- called Golden Years of the Pageant and that's the reason why I never like the idea to stage the Talent show at the pier. Goodness! so cheap!
check this website out:

www.boholster.com