Should the arrogant doc vj evardone apologize?

• 34 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Should the arrogant doc vj evardone apologize?
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »
Pawaa sa kala-ai.
Wa mai la-in lingao.
Otherwise, life of an exile isn't worth living.
  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:03:09 AM by OMG! »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Should the arrogant doc vj evardone apologize to ART and Kristel?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Quote from: OMG! on June 10, 2013, 04:25:00 PM
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Noticed the ring on your finger. Real? Or fake? ... like you -- a fake, a fraud and just fat oldsh**!
 ;D ;D ;D
Ok, you can delete this pic now. Have made copies in my private folder. Hehe
 :) ;)

Quote from: vj on March 05, 2010, 02:15:56 PM
i heard ur latest 'lingaw' is offering money/scholarships to young Filipino women in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of. LOL
thanks for the entertainment (yes old man, you!) and keep 'em coming.

;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:03:57 AM by OMG! »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »
The microgrid primer every power engineer should study
Smart Grid News Jul 5, 2013  By Jesse Berst

Many smart grid observers think we'll be living in a world of federated microgrids sometime in the next decade. Universities, hospitals, office parks, military bases and "ecodistricts" will generate much of their own power and distribute it locally via a microgrid. The main grid will interconnect all of those microgrids and provide a "market" to receive and deliver power back and forth as needed.

The Microgrid Exchange Group defines a microgrid as “interconnected loads and distributed energy resources within clearly defined electrical boundaries that act as a single controllable entity... A microgrid can connect and disconnect from the grid to enable it to operate in both grid-connected or island mode.”

The uber-geeks at IEEE have created a series of articles that sum up the current state of microgrids. It's excellent reading for anyone who works on the technical side of the electric power industry.

An article entitled "Key Connections" http://magazine.ieee-pes.org/julyaugust-2013/key-connections/  sums up the various microgrid research activities overseen by the U.S. Department of Energy. (Vendors: Read this article to learn where some of the gaps remain – gaps you could fill with a product or service.) You'll be pleased to read that DOE is beginning to coordinate the national laboratories’ microgrid efforts to focus them on three much-needed tasks:
•         Developing use cases to define performance and technology requirements
•         Performing cost/benefit analyses to identify high-impact R&D opportunities
•         Creating integrated tool sets for controls and operations architectures

For more details on the federal plans for microgrids (and all electric power research), download the Smart Grid Research & Development Multi-Year Program Plan: 2010-2014 http://www.smartgridnews.com/artman/publish/Projects_R_D/Smart-Grid-Research-Development-Multi-Year-Program-Plan-5859.html .

The article "Ivory Tower of Power" http://magazine.ieee-pes.org/julyaugust-2013/ivory-tower-of-power/  details the progress at a lighthouse demonstration project at the University of California, San Diego. It covers the integration of renewables, including a concentrating photovoltaic system that has since been successfully commercialized. Pay special attention to the description of the predictive analytics effort and the use of "economic optimization" – a methodology that resembles the transactive energy concept every utility should understand http://www.smartgridnews.com/artman/publish/Business_Strategy/Why-every-utility-MUST-learn-the-word-transactive-5467.html#.Uc77R_m1GAg .

Finally, a rambling article called "Islands in the Storm" http://magazine.ieee-pes.org/julyaugust-2013/islands-in-the-storm/  takes a stream of consciousness approach to the topic. If you press on you will find a useful discussion of microgrid topologies and of the concept of "transmission microgrids."

Jesse Berst is the founder and Chief Analyst of SGN and Chairman of the Smart Cities Council, an industry coalition.

You might also be interested in ...
Paradigm shift ahead! How microgrids could help change the utility business model http://www.smartgridnews.com/artman/publish/Delivery_Microgrids/Paradigm-shift-ahead-How-microgrids-could-help-change-the-utility-business-model-5758.html 

j

juan

• View Profile
The microgrid primer every power engineer should study
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »
i heard ur latest 'lingaw' is offering money/scholarships to young Filipino women in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of. LOL

;D ;D ;D

Me is a BSEE grad. Even had a few years' stint in an electric utility company.
But, please, don't ask me what Smart Grid is. Absolutely, no idea what it is? Hehehe.
 :-[ :P ;)
Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an electrical engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.
 :-* ;)

Milestone: #views = 12.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:46:17 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:50:36 PM »
SGA Launches Key Documents in Parliament on Tuesday November 27th 2012
Robin Eckermann, SGA Chairman launches SGA’s Vision Document

TOWARDS AUSTRALIAS ENERGY FUTURE

Rising electricity prices have become a hot topic, and it is encouraging to see the more informed discussion that is now developing around the factors driving price increases. Aided by various Government reports, there is a growing understanding that un-restrained growth in peak demand will either necessitate further investment to upgrade grid capacity, or lead to a decline in the quality of electricity supply on which Australians rely. As noted by the Productivity Commission, 25% of a typical electricity bill relates to meeting demand peaks that occur just 40 hours a year!

Towards moderating peak demands, Smart Meters are introducing a framework for pricing by time-of-use. Incentives to limit discretionary use at peak times will encourage some behavioural change – but their real transformative power lies in the motivation it gives industry to pioneer the next generation of energy-smart appliances. These will allow users to automate efficient energy-use decisions – and the resultant reduction in network upgrade costs will ultimately flow through to consumers.

However, managing peak demand is only one of the challenges confronting the electricity sector today.

Utilities are facing radical change with the shift towards renewable energy sources – in particular, rooftop solar arrays. These are changing the energy flows from the traditional “radial” pattern to a dynamic mesh of distribution resources that can come and go in a matter of seconds. Either all of that nice “green” energy needs to be underpinned with conventional reserves, or there needs to be a way to dynamically balance supply and demand in real time. In addition, the proliferation of solar arrays is eroding voltage stability, exacerbating losses and risks compromising various protective mechanisms in the grid.

Another challenge lies in the looming uptake of electric vehicles. A home with an electric vehicle can draw twice the electricity that has traditionally been budgeted when planning and constructing the grid. Without intelligent charging, today’s peaks could soon become a whole lot worse!

Smart Grid technology is the key to addressing these challenges. It involves infusing the grid end-to-end with enhanced sensing, communications, analytics and control – transforming a “dumb” distribution system into a more dynamic, flexible, intelligent and efficient system.

I would draw a parallel with the transformation that broadband has achieved within the telecommunications industry. Introducing better network plumbing was a vital foundation for progress – but the real excitement lies in the way that innovative new applications and the digital economy is transforming the way we live, work and play. In a similar way, we need to modernise grid infrastructure in order to unlock the full potential of an exciting energy future that features enhanced consumer choice, smart appliances, electric vehicles and user-managed generation, storage and consumption.

This report – “Towards Australia’s Energy Future” – discusses the challenges beyond smart metering, and puts forward five recommendations that are considered key to maximising progress. The recommendations don’t specifically call for an increase in spending – rather a shift towards spending on smarter infrastructure. The focus is on creating an environment in which grid modernisation will proceed naturally, and this requires the right policy and regulatory environment, collaborative engagement of all stakeholders and an upgrade in industry training to ensure a supply of the right sort of skills.

I commend this report (and the companion flyer which contains a synopsis of the report) to you.

To read more, click http://smartgridaustralia.com.au/SGA/4_Events/Parliament_Speeches.aspx#launch_1

j

juan

• View Profile
SGA Launches Key Documents in Parliament on Tuesday November 27th 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »
But, please, don't ask me what Smart Grid is. Absolutely, no idea what it is? Hehehe.
Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an electrical engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.

Milestone: #views = 48.

Thinking back. First love and me were inside USIS library in Jones Avenue (now, part of Osmena Blvd), Cebu, alternatively tackling math/physics problem and browsing US magazines. And ... making plans for going to USA.
Neil Armstrong had just landed in the moon. Boeing was nearly going to launch its latest jumbo jet, the Boeing 747. She wanted to go to NASA. Me wanted to go to Boeing.
Both of us were ambitious to be in the forefront of modern science. Unfortunately, hindi natuloy. Due to circumstance (forbidden love), we split and went our separate ways.

Now, in the autumn of my life. Want to put my money into best use. Marry a talented young Pinay who's ambitious to be in the forefront of modern technology. Invest on her education.
Not me. Too old to learn state-of-the-art things. Only good at breeding. Hehe. :) ;) But still ambitious to apply modern science in these activities. In fact, the ideal sexual partner for producing healthier and longer-living offspring. :P ;D

Had brunch in a Chinese restaurant. Took a fortune cookie from the jar. The message read,
"New experiences and new friends will enrich your life".
Got it wrong!!!!!
To enrich my life, need an inexperienced teenage wife for me to apply my 40+ years' experience.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:01:41 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
Engineers have a significant impact on society

Posted: 10/07/2013 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Career-resources

“Get ready engineers, students, teachers, community! Australian Engineering Week 2013 http://www.makeitso.org.au/australian-engineering-week/newcastle  is on its way,” cheers Engineers Australia Newcastle Division President, Karlie Collis.

Australian Engineering Week 2013, organised by Engineers Australia, is a great event that celebrates the huge impact that engineers have on society, whilst encouraging communities to learn more and be inspired by the subject.

This year, Australian Engineering Week 2013 will be held from 5th – 11th August, with a fantastic program of events throughout Australia. There will be something for everyone to be involved with, from behind the scenes tours of some of the country’s most fascinating infrastructure, trivia nights, Q&As and workshops for school groups. These events are designed to appeal to the broader community, including professionals, trades, university students, families and school groups.

“Australian Engineering Week is also a time to engage our next generation of future engineers. It is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the profession as a rewarding career choice with endless exciting possibilities,” says Queensland Division President Simon Orton.

The Australian Engineering Week 2013 is lining up to be exceptional, so wherever you are in the country, make sure you get involved!

•   Sign up for jobs by email and receive the latest engineering jobs in Australia http://www.miningoilandgasjobs.com/jobs/engineering/australia/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=australian+engineering+week+2013&utm_campaign=enhance-moagj straight to your inbox
•   Are you receiving our blogs by email? Visit: http://eepurl.com/lB-h9 http://miningoilandgasjobs.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=9aabd8f2f1a7824c5826fa6a2&id=560413e755

•   Find out more about Australian Engineering Week 2013 http://www.makeitso.org.au/australian-engineering-week

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/july/engineers-have-a-significant-impact-on-society.aspx

j

juan

• View Profile
Engineers have a significant impact on society
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.

Milestone: #views = 80.
Had brunch in a Chinese restaurant. Took a fortune cookie from the jar. The message read,
"New experiences and new friends will enrich your life".
Got it wrong!!!!!
To enrich my life, need an inexperienced teenage wife for me to apply my 40+ years' experience.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:16:12 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
UNLOCKING CUSTOMER VALUES
Ann Burns, Director of SGA, launches the second report from the SGA Consumer Working Group

I am delighted to be launching the second report from the SGA Consumer Working Group ‘ Unlocking Consumer Values’. It’s a collaborative effort of a diverse group of the SGA membership.

When we started our working group over 3 years ago the subject of consumer engagement in smarter technologies was rarely a headline. Much has changed in the last three years. We have learnt a great deal and seen specific trends emerge to improve the consumer engagement in the adoption of smart grid technologies across Australia.

•   There is no doubt that consumer interest in energy is at an all time high. Consumers are now actively seeking a dialogue and are no longer passive rate payers. Energy consumers continue to evolve and mature with energy management becoming a part of our everyday lives. A ‘new’ energy consumer has emerged that wants more information presented in a simple format that enables them to have some control over the energy they use and the costs they pay. The awareness around smart grid technologies is growing and there is an emerging expectation that this infrastructure will provide more information for every household.

•   Facilitating consumer action is no longer one dimensional. Education is not sufficient to encourage consumers to become more energy efficient. Education + Engagement + Motivation is the formula for success. The industry has responded with innovative forms of engagement. In fact in the last 6-12 months 3 Distribution businesses and 3 x major Retailers have all launched consumer portals providing greater levels of information to consumers, explaining their usage, outlining how to make decisions so that they can choose to become more energy efficient. This innovation has been accelerated by the nature of the competitive market and the desire of competitive Retailers to provide consumers with easy to use tools and new products and services.

•   The key to unlocking the benefits to consumers is collaboration, collaboration within the industry across private sector, federal and local government. If we talk the same language and have a common approach the approach to consumer engagement, the definition of roles and responsibilities and the need for investment will all be far clearer. We need consistency and a common direction. We now understand that consumer seek and value cost, control and convenience. Getting the communications consistent around these factors and the potential benefits for varying segments will be critical to clear misconceptions, reduce resistance, and provide clear and pragmatic advice to energy consumers.

We have seen great progress against the recommendations of our first report as the industry has responded and taken proactive measures. Consumer advocacy groups in particular have taken an active role in communicating the unique needs and wants of all segments of society. Many parties have undertaken diverse pilots and trials to instill energy literacy and to understand the benefits. In fact our second report features two detailed case studies from Essential Energy and SPAusNet.

There is still much to learn.

Our second report was based on both secondary and primary research and identified seven key elements that influence consumer decisions around energy behaviour and product and service choices. We call these the ‘7 Cs’. They are:
•   Cost
•   Convenience
•   Control
•   Capability
•   Confidence
•   Cooperation
•   Cachet – interest in new technology

These should all be considered and carefully balanced for any party within the industry seeking to meet the needs and wants of consumers. Consumers are increasingly seeking a trade-off for taking action. They expect to get something of value in exchange to agreeing to change their energy consumption behaviour.

We have also been watching international markets and have learnt that many of the barriers around consumer confidence are being addressed with increasing levels of innovation in products and services and in communication channels. For example:

•   Data privacy remains an issue but consumers are increasingly willing to exchange data for real information they can use
•   Brand clusters are emerging using rewards to drive loyalty
•   Social media is helping to accelerate energy awareness and consumer engagement
•   New product ‘smart home’ bundles are appearing, particularly in competitive markets

We applaud those who have already taken action here in Australia.

We believe we all recognise that there is still much to do to continue to build confidence in Australia’s energy consumers, as they take charge of their own consumption and make their own decisions around what to use, when and how in their homes. Energy efficiency programs enabled by smarter infrastructure if positioned in terms of benefits to the diverse range of consumer segments will see increased participation and effectiveness.

As SGA, we will continue to all we can to encourage the development of a national framework and build awareness on the benefits of the adoption of smart grid technologies for Australian energy consumers. SGA expects utilities and governments to place increased focus on the needs of consumers and encourage them to participate and interact with the smart grid in order to both realise reliability and operational benefits for the network AND direct benefits to consumers. It is these actions that will support the realisation of Australia’s energy future.

Click to download the report - http://smartgridaustralia.com.au/SGA/Documents/Publication_121119_2.pdf

j

juan

• View Profile
UNLOCKING CUSTOMER VALUES
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
Quote from: juan on July 09, 2013, 03:17:48 PM

Milestone: #views = 93.

******************************************************************************************************

i want to be in the happiest nation

Who doesn't?
 ???
Where else, but down under? Hehehe.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:18:10 PM by juan »