Tom Rodriguez explains how hard being "gay" (My Husband's Lover)

• 3 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Last night's episode of GMA's controversial gay themed series, "My Husband's Lover" opened with an entire 9-minute segment devoted to just one scene: a dialogue between (Vincent) Tom Rodriguez and (Lally) Carla Abellana.    If I'm not mistaken, it was by far the longest scene in the series, but I think it was also the most gripping and heartbreaking.   In the said scene, Vincent and Lally were laying on their bed but, unlike most couples, they were inches apart from each other. Obviously, after Lally's discovery of her husband's affair with Eric, their (Vincent and Lally) relationship has turned a bit cold.   Lally asked whether Vincent would one day turn into a loud, cross-dressing gay that his kuya Zandro (Keempee de Leon) has become. Vincent explained to Lally that he and Zandro are very different: that Zandro -- and gays like him -- believe that they are women and so they dress, act, and think as such -- but he (Vincent) is a different type of gay.   Here's a transcript of the dialogue that ensued:

LALLY:  Pero 'di ba ganun naman talaga ang mga gay? Feeling nila babae talaga sila?

VINCENT: Hindi lahat. Iba iba… KAMI. May iba na malamya ang kilos, pananalita, pati nga pananamit nila makukulay e. Gusto nila lahat ng gamit na pambabae, yun din ang gusto nila. Pero tanggap pa rin nila na lalaki sila at kahit kailan ay wala silang planong mag anyong babae.   Alam nila na kahit lalaki sila iba pa rin sila e kasi kapwa lalaki rin ang gusto nilang mahalin.   Hindi ako ganun, mommy. Hindi ako malamyang kumilos o magsalita. Pati mga interes ko kotse, golf, lahat puro panlalaki. Hindi naman sa nagtatago ako; ganito talaga ako e. Ganunpaman, alam ko pa rin  na gay ako kasi na-a-attract pa rin ako sa…

LALLY: …kapwa mo lalaki?

VINCENT: (Silence) I'm sorry. Mommy, hindi ka na kasi dapat nagtatanong e.

LALLY:  'Pag hindi ako nagtanong, paano kita makikilala. Asawa kita, dapat kilala kita. Kung na-a-attract ka sa lalaki, bakit kay Eric e kagaya mo rin siya, pareho kayong gay? 

VINCENT:  Kasi ang tunay na lalaki imposibleng magmahal sa kagaya namin sa paraan na gusto namin. Pero sa mga gaya namin, kaya nilang ibigay ang sarili nila sa amin na buong buo: isip, puso, kaluluwa. Kaya aminado ako na para rin kaming mga babae na kailangan namin ng yakap na matigas, na mahigpit na galing sa isang lalaki.     Mommy, hindi ko sinasabi 'to para saktan ka. Gusto ko rin naman ang yakap mo e dahil binubuo mo ako. Sana maintindihan mo.

LALLY: I'm a big girl, Daddy. Marami man akong nalaman sayo na mas nakasakit sa akin, ang importante ngayon ay nag-o-open up ka na sa akin. Thank you.

VINCENT: Malaking bagay din naman ito para sa akin e dahil ang tagal tagal ko nang itinago ito sa loob ko. Finally… finally, ngayon may nakakausap na ako tungkol dito. Kaya, mommy, thank you. Thank you.

LALLY (VOICE OVER): That night, bigla biglang nawala ang lahat ng galit ko kay Vincent. Yes, naiintindihan ko na siya kung bakit siya nakagawa ng kasalan sa akin.    Pero habang nagpapakatatag at tapang ako para sa asawa ko ay natatakot din ako. Hindi ko na nga kilala ang sarili ko. Ano Ako? Sino Ako? Asawa lang ba niya? Ina ng mga anak niya? Isang babae na pinili pa ring manindigan para sa asawa sa kabila ng lahat? Pero paano ako, ang pangangailangan ko? Ano ang kahahantungan ko? 

-- End of Scene --

LIKE the show's account on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/myhusbandslover) and on Twitter (@myhusbandslover).

- Neil Celeste T. Rara, GMA Social Media  -

Tom Rodriguez gives Carla Abellana 'GAY 101' lecture - See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/community/articles/2013-08-08/177/Tom-Rodriguez-gives-Carla-Abellana-GAY-101-lecture#sthash.aAWeSiuW.dpuf

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Tom Rodriguez explains how hard being "gay" (My Husband's Lover)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

Lally, the wife, deserves so much praise for her courage to ask the questions the answers to which will surely hurt her, and for standing by her husband despite his being gay.   "If I were in Lally's shoes, I would have left my husband the moment I caught him making out with another man and I would have filed for annulment," says Michelle, 23, an avid viewer of the series.   Michelle is right and many wives would have done the same, but Lally did just the opposite -- she stayed.   It is becoming clearer now that with her decision to stay, she also wants to better understand her husband. She hopes to salvage their relationship but is Vincent working towards achieving that same goal or is Lally alone in this battle?   In fairness to the lover, Eric (Dennis Trillo), he's also suffering the consequence of being the third element in this complex love triangle and, in Tuesday's episode, he was even driven by depression toward the edge of sanity and almost took his own life. At least, Eric had the guts to call it quits and is really going the extra mile to let go of Vincent.   Lally and Eric, the wife and the other lover, are both victims in this situation. Vincent, however pitiful his situation seems on the superficial level, is actually the selfish beneficiary! He is enjoying the best of both worlds. On one hand, he (still) has his wife and on the other, he still has his lover's (Eric's) heart.   Lally bravely fought to save her and Vincent's marriage to a point where own needs are being neglected, while Eric -- despite his overflowing love for Vincent -- took courage to leave behind the memories he shared with Vincent and to moving on.   But here's the tongue-tied Vincent, still unable to confess his real identity to his parents; the same Vincent who thanked Lally (Wednesday's episode) for being a wife and a friend to him; and the same Vincent who refuses to let go of Eric and even decides to buy Eric's condominium unit, which has a sentimental value to him and Eric.   When will Vincent finally end his selfishness? When will he find the courage to face the reality that he needs to do one and only one thing: CHOOSE!   We will know the answer soon in the very exciting "My Husband's Lover" which airs weeknights after "Mundo Mo'y Akin" on GMA Telebabad.    LIKE the show's account on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/myhusbandslover) and on Twitter (@myhusbandslover).  - Neil Celeste T. Rara, GMA Social Media  -

See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/community/articles/2013-08-08/177/Tom-Rodriguez-gives-Carla-Abellana-GAY-101-lecture#sthash.aAWeSiuW.dpuf

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:17:32 PM »
kawawa ka naman lally...call me maybe, if may pangangailangan ka...akin ka na lang...
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »
kawawa ka naman lally...call me maybe, if may pangangailangan ka...akin ka na lang...
she's a brave woman, maraming mga ganyan pa rin sa totoong buhay bro at kaka relate ako huhuhu