Stay healthy while working in the transport industry

• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Stay healthy while working in the transport industry
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
Say, you decide to become a truckie .....

Posted: 28/11/2013 9:35:53 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Mining, Career-resources

Eat
It’s difficult to find space to park at most grocery stores, so you’ll probably have to rely on greasy fast food or diner dishes that are high in salt and oil. With a bit of preparation you can take delicious, healthy meals with you on the go. Fruit stays fresh for a long time and should replace munching on sugary foods or fried snacks. Take a cooler bag with bags of salad, vegetables (cooked or fresh) and grilled chicken or turkey to put together a low-fat, healthy meal on the go. The cooler bag will keep everything fresh and you can top up your supplies when you find a truck-friendly parking lot.

Exercise
If you’re stuck in your seat driving for hours and hours (and hours) a day then it can be difficult to find the time to do more than simply stretch your legs. Taking a few props with you, such as running shoes, weights or even a folding bicycle, will not only give you a chance to exercise in the evening when you park, it’ll also give you an endorphin buzz that can help beat the highway blues. Park up at a safe location which is adjacent to an open space that you can enjoy your exercise in.

Sleep
Sleep is essential for the body to repair itself. If you’re performing tiring work all day and then not recharging at night, it’s only a matter of time before your body reacts. Aches, pains and illness will all follow if you don’t get an adequate night’s sleep. Make sure your truck is fit with a comfortable bed; there will likely be guidelines that your employer’s HR department can advise on.

Mind
It can be easy to switch off on the road. Mile after mile of the same tarmac and scenery can lead to boredom, or worse; accidents. Keep your mind active and alert when at the wheel to keep you engaged with what you’re doing and minimise the chance of accidents or distractions. Music, audio books and even learning a new language are great ways to make the most of your time on the road.

To read more, click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/november-2013/stay-healthy-while-working-in-the-transport-indust.aspx [/font] [/size]

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.