Spectacular Fireworks in Dubai

• 26 replies

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
Spectacular Fireworks in Dubai
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
Spectacular fireworks illuminate Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, as Dubai welcomes New Year.

http://youtu.be/2kyG8h8bz58

Dubai is set to dazzle the world on New Year's Eve with what it pledged to be a record-breaking fireworks show, featuring the explosion of more than 400,000 fireworks, considered to be the largest in the world.

The UAE city is challenging Sydney's claim to the best fireworks show on earth.

Tonight, Dubai hopes to break the Guinness World Record for the largest firework display which will spread over the Gulf emirate's man-made islands and the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building.

Neighboring Kuwait currently holds the mark, set in 2011 with an epic hour-long show of 77,282 fireworks.

Dubai's fireworks are designed by U.S.-based Fireworks by Grucci, the same firm which designed the fireworks that celebrated Dubai winning the right to host Expo 2020 on Nov. 27.
Multiple celebrations

Thousands began arriving on Tuesday to several locations around the city to watch the fireworks.

At Dubai's The World islands, the show will begin with the "Flying Falcon," which includes an image of the UAE flag adorning Dubai's sky.

The UAE flag will span 29, 250 square meters, in what will also be considered the largest pyrotechnic flag ever displayed.

An additional firework display for 15 minutes will cover the city's Jumeirah beach, with the Burj Al Arab, Madinat Jumeirah and Jumeirah Beach Hotel as the backdrop.

Fireworks and a synchronized light and water show are also taking place at Dubai Festival City.

The spectacle is largely seen as a compliment to Dubai's recent World Expo 2020 win and another opportunity to showcase the young and growing city on the international stage as an attractive place to live and visit.

"The celebrations will mark the end of a momentous year for Dubai — a year which we will reflect on with pride and has laid the groundwork for a prosperous future," said Helal Saeed Al Merri, Director General of Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, told Emirates 24/7
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:10:12 PM by Lyn Ann »

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
Re: Spectacular Fireworks in Dubai
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »
Mas amazing ang fireworks sa Madinat Jumeirah (Burj Al Arab) & Atlantis Palm Jumeirah, wait ko lang may mag-upload ng pic.. kakatapos lang kasi & pinanuod ko lang live sa tv.. Hopefully, makuha ng Dubai ang Guiness World Record..

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
Here's from Madinat Jumeirah  (Burj Al Arab):

http://youtu.be/IpQUsgSf0Gk

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:16:27 PM »
At ito ang pinaka-amazing sa lahat..

http://youtu.be/Oo1JwImshw8

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:18 PM »
At ito ang pinaka-amazing sa lahat..

http://youtu.be/Oo1JwImshw8
nag enjoy ko tan wa ang ganda at very amazing lahat ng fire works sa dubai sana dito rin sa pilipinas ganyan.
i have something inside me..if there's a fullmoon i'd become a monster wolf!! ehahhahhhah.. - i'm garypogs!

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
Thanks kuya.. Wish ko din, ganyan sa Pinas.. In fact, nasa atin ang pinakamagaling gumawa ng fireworks display since I've heard Pinoy yung nanalo sa fireworks display competition in Germany..

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:14:01 PM »
superb display, thanks for sharing and happy new year

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »
Super ganda ..sana nanood si mama

Sent from my S100 using Tapatalk

i'm sexy and i know it!!!

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 12:16:49 AM »
superb display, thanks for sharing and happy new year

Happy New Year OMG!

Lyn Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »
Super ganda ..sana nanood si mama

Sent from my S100 using Tapatalk

Andito bah c Mama mo? Super traffic din last night kaya minabuti na lang namin manuod ng live sa tv..