Earth from Above: Stunning Images from Orbit

• 13 replies

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Earth from Above: Stunning Images from Orbit
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »

Nicaragua from Above
As the shuttle and the space station began their post-undocking relative separation, Expedition 23 flight engineer Soichi Noguchi photographed the underside…
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Re: Earth from Above: Stunning Images from Orbit
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »

Amazing Aurora
From the International Space Station, the aurora seems to set the Earth alight with green fire. This photo, snapped by the Expedition 32 crew aboard the ISS on July 15, 2012, offers a stunning view of the aurora australis, or southern lights. (That's Canadarm2, a robot arm extending off the station, in the foreground.) The southern lights, and their cousin the northern lights, occur when particles from the sun hit atmospheric gases, exciting the gas molecules and creating the gorgeous, twisting colors that can be seen at high and low latitudes.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »

Saying Goodbye
The STS-135 crew got its last glimpse of the International Space Station through the Space Shuttle Atlantis' windows on Tuesday, July 19. Atlantis landed at Kennedy Space Center at 5:57 a.m. EDT on July 21, marking the end of the space shuttle era. Atlantis will retire to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »

Where in the World?
[Pin It] Credit: ISS Crew Earth Observations experiment and Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, Johnson Space Center
For astronauts looking down on Earth, city lights look much like stars dotting the sky. Can you guess what cities are lighting up the planet in this Aug. 10, 2011 astronaut photo?

If you guessed that you were looking at northwestern Europe, congratulations. London is the large bright spot in the lower left-hand corner; across the dark English Channel is Paris, near the center of the photograph. Brussels is the large dark orange area to the left of Paris, and smaller, brighter Amsterdam sits to Paris' left. Rounding out the spacebound tour of European cities is Milan, which is visible as a line of lights alongside the dark Alps in the upper right corner of the photo.
- See more at: http://www.livescience.com/37288-images-earth-from-orbit.html#sthash.TGuxTTr3.dpuf

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:58:29 PM »
Nindot jud..

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »
what a nice exploration but if given the chance, i won't do it!

sweets

• Global Moderator
  • "pepsi lover"
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »
Talawan ayo ko

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
Samot nko...haha

Sent from my S100 using Tapatalk

i'm sexy and i know it!!!

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »
what a nice exploration but if given the chance, i won't do it!

Hadlok bitaw noh?

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »
ako rin..hadlokan ko ug habog jamo...