Godzilla celebrate 60 years with K

• 10 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Godzilla celebrate 60 years with K
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:09:52 AM »
We enjoyed the movie and would still recommend that anyone who likes Godzilla should go see it, it wasn’t what I thought it would be, and that’s a hard shock to recover from in roughly 120 minutes.

“But it’s a Godzilla movie!”

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Godzilla celebrate 60 years with K
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:10:51 AM »
I think the risk with showing [Godzilla] too soon is that people can get bored and fatigued, and I was more worried about that than I was the opposite. So, I list all my favorite films like this: Jaws, Close Encounters, Alien, the original King Kong.

They all have something in common, which is they all really take their time to slowly milk the reveal of the creature in glimpses. They’re so effective and powerful, and they’re such classic movies that why wouldn’t you want to use that blueprint?

There’s a temptation to just throw everything all the time and turn everything up to number 11, and I just think you’ve got nowhere to go after that.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:12:14 AM by OMG! »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »
Of course, the movie also has its bright spots. The effects look great (despite the fact that I still think most CGI dinosaurs/dragons have skin that moves just a little too smoothly) and seeing Godzilla come at you with modern 3D technology has exactly the awe-inspiring effect you’d imagine. The cast is great all around, and despite the stuttered pacing of the reveal, Godzilla brings all the ruckus and atomic breath you’d expect.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:13:38 AM by OMG! »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:14:07 AM »
There were cheers and applause in the theater every time he let rip with his roar, his fire breathing, or any of the other classic Godzilla moments that fans were expecting. The roar sounded familiar while still being updated and fitting of the new Godzilla (though I couldn’t get Edwards to give away the sound team’s secrets on how it was made). The use of different locations and the story taking place on both sides of the Pacific was a nice touch.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:15:09 AM by OMG! »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 01:15:48 AM »
Of course, as I said, this movie is trying to be something more than a monster movie, which is why it deserves all of this thought in the first place. If it were just another monster movie, I’d say, “It’s about giant monsters blowing stuff up. If you want to see a movie about giant monsters blowing stuff up, go see this,” and that would be as deep a thought as I’d give it.

There’s more to this movie, though, and it could have been really great with just a little bit of fine tuning. As it is, I enjoyed it, but it didn’t quite turn out to be what I was hoping for. On the up side, there’s no obvious sequel-bait scene at the end unlike pretty much every other movie anymore, so at least it stands on its own and tells the story it wants to tell from start to finish, and that was pretty refreshing in itself.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:16:17 AM by OMG! »

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 01:35:45 AM »
wew From Philippines ang kalaban ni Godzilla.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:37:22 AM »
Of course, the movie also has its bright spots. The effects look great (despite the fact that I still think most CGI dinosaurs/dragons have skin that moves just a little too smoothly) and seeing Godzilla come at you with modern 3D technology has exactly the awe-inspiring effect you’d imagine. The cast is great all around, and despite the stuttered pacing of the reveal, Godzilla brings all the ruckus and atomic breath you’d expect.

ibang klase ang effect talaga.. at  super saya ko talaga na makita kayo na masaya with pareng Kevz..wew! lab it!
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 01:52:31 AM »
ibang klase ang effect talaga.. at  super saya ko talaga na makita kayo na masaya with pareng Kevz..wew! lab it!
salamat wardz, it means a lot to me kasi na may matinong mga kaibigan pa rin naiwan sa mundo and that i am happy too.

nauhaw ng tumabi sya sa akin hahaha

pham

• proud to become an OMG model ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
LA na showing ang Godzilla Dirk:( d nmin nkita

Sent from my S100 using Tapatalk

i'm sexy and i know it!!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
LA na showing ang Godzilla Dirk:( d nmin nkita

Sent from my S100 using Tapatalk

baka sa paguwi ko, dapat mapanood talaga yan part of growing up talaga ang Godzilla, the heroic monster from Japan