• 2 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Massive need for miners in the US
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »
Australian Mining 9 December, 2014 Cole Latimer

In news that may perk up Australian miners who have lost a job, the US mining industry is having trouble finding enough workers to fill spaces, according to new reports.

While Australia is recording a broadly downwards trend in mining employment, the US is seeing more jobs remain open in the industry due to fewer graduates entering the space and companies looking for higher skills in hiring.

"Like with manufacturing, there aren’t a ton of jobs in this sector — the US Bureau of Labor Statistics that fewer than 100,000 people are employed in the U.S. in the natural resources and mining fields," according to Market Watch.

However "more than 36% of the jobs in this industry stay open for longer than three months  with jobs like crew member, crew foreman and field supervisor staying open a particularly long time," Indeed.com's senior vice president Paul D'Arcy said.

This is a turnaround for the US mining industry, which only two years ago saw scores of workers looking to Australia to ride the boom in resources jobs as the market slowed down in North America.

In 2012 the Australian Department of Immigration was looking to fill 400-500 mining jobs with Us workers and former US war veterans.
At the same time Federal Government was hosting expos in the the US to fill empty roles, while around 2000 US skilled workers applied for 700 jobs across QLD and WA.

“This pain is felt really clearly in a certain set of industries … what we are seeing is this happening a lot in a set of industries that don’t pay as much [and sometimes] require a bunch of skills,” he says. In these kinds of cases, he says, job candidates may be turning to more lucrative fields like health care and tech instead of taking lower-paying jobs that also require specified skills," D'Arcy added.

To read more, click http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/massive-need-for-miners-in-the-us

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
5 Countries Where It's Hardest To Become A Citizen
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
By Investopedia December 11, 2014 6:40 PM

Obtaining permanent residency status or gaining citizenship in a foreign county may seem like a good idea for those who no longer want to live in the country where they were born or whose passport they hold. But some nations make that transition especially difficult unless you marry a citizen of that country or – in some cases – have ancestors who were citizens.

In addition to marriage and ancestry,  countries with high barriers to attaining citizen status may have special residency or citizenship tracks for people who fit certain categories, such as being a highly skilled professional or investing substantially in a business enterprise. But these situations don't apply to the vast majority of prospective citizens.

Below, in alphabetical order, are five nations that make it especially difficult for foreigners to establish permanent residency or obtain citizenship:

Austria
Many EU countries have tough immigration laws, but Austria seems to have one of the lengthiest processes to become a citizen. Anyone who is not a citizen of an EU country and staying longer than six months must have a resident permit before entering the country.
People who plan to stay longer than 24 months must also sign an Integration Agreement, a process designed to enhance their German-language skills and ability "to participate in the social, economic and cultural life in Austria."

Permanent residents must live in the country continuously for a period of 15 to 30 years before being eligible to apply for citizenship. If approved, applicants must renounce any other citizenship.

Germany
Obtaining permanent residency in Germany is difficult unless you are a citizen of another EU country. Other foreign nationals must have lived in Germany for at least five years and demonstrate competency in language, the political system and society. Applicants must also demonstrate they have an ability to earn a living and that they’ve contributed to the national pension plan, as well as having proof of accommodation.

To become a citizen, applicants must have lived in the country at least eight years (seven, if they’ve passed a competency test) and renounce citizenship in any other country.

Japan
It takes longer to be granted a Permanent Resident visa in Japan than to become a citizen. People who want to establish permanent residency must have lived in the country for a total of 10 continuous years or more.

Those who want to become a citizen of Japan must have lived in the country for five years, receive permission from the Justice Minister and complete a slew of paperwork (some have complained of unnecessary questions involving their personal lives). The process, according to the Japanese Ministry, can take six to 12 months, although those who have gone through it have reported that it can take years. If approved, applicants must be ready to renounce citizenship in other countries.

Switzerland
Any foreigner wanting to settle in the beauty of the Swiss Alps, or anywhere else in Switzerland, may do so for three months. To obtain a settlement, or permanent residence visa (unless you are an EU citizen), you must have lived in the country for 10 years.

If you qualify for permanent residence by the length of time you have lived in the country, you also qualify to apply for citizenship, but that is not guaranteed; applicants for citizenship must also prove they are assimilated into Swiss society. What's more, all cantons and municipalities have their own rules about granting citizenship. Switzerland permits dual citizenship.

United States
While the United States was founded mostly by immigrants, the process for achieving permanent residency and citizenship has become even more complicated since the early 2000s and the war on terrorism. Unless a person is coming to the U.S. through family or an approved job, it is very difficult to establish permanent residency (sometimes known as receiving a green card). There are special categories for those seeking refugee or asylum status, and a lottery for others who wish to apply. Click here for more information.

Those who have had permanent residency status for five years can begin the process of applying for citizenship by filling out the application and taking a test, which includes knowledge of history/government and English. Before becoming a citizen, people must swear an oath to the Constitution. The United States permits dual citizenship. For more information, read Understand The Requirements For U.S. Citizenship.

The Bottom Line
Moving from a temporary visa to permanent resident status – or citizenship – is particularly difficult in some countries. But some do succeed in the end.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Massive need for miners in the US
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »
Wala ng pag-asa ang Uncle Sam ni skipper! ;D
Come to Australia and become a world class miner. :) ;)

Posted: 9/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Career-resources

In a recent controversial statement, Mitsui's chief of Australian operations, Yasushi Takahashi said the “inconvenient truth” of Australian mining is that wages are too high. Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that it is a “good thing we are seeing high wages in the most liveable country in the world... If that's sustainable that's fine. But one concern is, is it really sustainable?”

The average annual wage for someone working in Australian mining is $138,000, more than double the US average. This has been a point of pride for the industry, but while the commodity sector is engaged in an enormous efficiency drive, thanks largely to a slump in global commodity prices, many bosses such as Takahashi are seeing such high labour costs as prohibitive. Roughly 25% of the cost of running a mine in Australia is comprised of labour, compared to 15% on average worldwide.

His concerns were preceded by a 2014 report by PwC that found Australia's high wages weren't matched by productivity: “Mining equipment in Australia runs at lower annual outputs than most of its global peers”, attributing the shortfall almost entirely to labour.

Of course, this begs the question – would productivity increase if wages were cut? Further, as recognised elsewhere, while some in the industry are seeking work overseas – unable to find employment in their speciality; exploration work in particular is not as available as it was as Australian mining has transitioned from opening new mines to operating those mines – high wages are arguably what brings people back down under.

It's also important to note that even in the wider economic context, mining remains the largest contributor to Australian economic growth, making it essential for us to attract and retain the best people we can. And if that means keeping wages high, that means keeping wages high.

Whatever side you come down on, salaries in Australian mining are higher than elsewhere. That's an issue that won't be going anywhere soon.
Australian mining salaries are the highest in the world. See what you could earn here

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/its-no-secret-that-the-australian-mining-sector-pa.aspx#sthash.vIC36bSl.dpuf

World Class Filipino came to existence because of the solid belief of the people behind this project on its subject … the Filipino and most especially because God has allowed this to happen.
We are first hand witnesses on how competent Filipinos are in any trade or profession, in any country and against any nationality as most of us are currently occupying job positions which could have been easily occupied by another race had we not been capable.
The idea of setting up this website first came up at a time when we were always being asked by foreign employers if we know of a Filipino who would like to work with them.  When asked why they prefer Filipinos… they site Filipino qualities such as the following: honest, loyal, friendly, fun-loving, honors commitments, good communicator, hardworking, creative and among others.   If you just happen to have the privilege of hearing these adjectives from people other than your “kababayan”… you would probably ask yourself why these people believe in us and why can't we?  Why other nationalities are appreciating us while we ourselves, at times, are still downgrading our capacities?
As Filipinos working abroad, we believe we are representatives of our country.  Our performances today will have a direct effect on others who will choose to follow this route and to the image of Filipinos in general.  That's why we are always asking God for guidance at work and in everything we do.  That we may continue to do His will for His greater glory and thereby preserve the legacy of the Filipinos who came before us. In relation to this, please allow us to use this space to salute them.  They made lasting impressions internationally which practically paved the way and have opened up windows of opportunities for millions of Filipinos.
And lastly, we believe that everything we have, were just given.  Our strength, beauty, intelligence… everything.  We should therefore not be boastful and proud.  Instead, we should be thankful to the one who made you and me and share these gifts to everyone.   We may be small as people, we may be under-developed as a country and we are not perfect. But we are perfectly us… just the way God had designed us to be.

Love.  Care.  Share.
Love God above all.  Care for others.  Share ourselves.

To all kababayans back home!!!!!
Come and join our ranks.

become a world class miner.
 :) :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:50:03 PM by juan »