• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
A man is holding several people hostage at Martin Place cafe
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »
11 MINUTES AGO DECEMBER 15, 2014 3:54PM

•   Up to 50 people being held hostage at Lindt cafe
•   Police say at least one gunman involved
•   Incident not being treated as terrorism yet
•   Motivation of gunman unknown - but police have not yet had direct contact with him
•   PM Tony Abbott urges calm: “The whole point of politically motivated violence is to scare people.”

HOSTAGES have been released from the Lindt Cafe in central Sydney where they have been held by a gunman since just before 10am this morning.

Seven News reported at least three people had been released from the Martin Place cafe.
It’s believed one staff member and two customers are now free.

Two came out of the front door and one from a fire door. All had their arms raised in the air.
Dramatic television images showed the terrified hostages running free from the buiding and being shielded by heavily armed police.
One was a man in a white shirt and blue jacket, another wore a white shirt, while the third was clearly the Lindt cafe worker dressed in black.

It followed reports that as many as 50 people being held by a gunman at a popular cafe.

At least one offender took hostages at the popular Lindt chocolate cafe, in Martin Place, just before 10am.
Some members of staff could be seen wearing their shop aprons and standing with their hands up at the windows. There is also a black and white flag being held up in a window. It is believed to be the Black Standard, a jihadist flag.

The incident has not been branded a terrorist attack yet, but police have confirmed they have “moved to a footing consistent with a terrorism event” in their response.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione told reporters this afternoon it remained a hostage situation “but we are ready to escalate if we need to”.

They did not have “direct contact” with the hostage-taker.

“We’re working through that - at this stage we’ve not got extensive communications ... We are not dealing directly with him.”
It was not clear what the offender’s motivation was.

Lindt Australia CEO Steve Loane earlier told news.com.au he believes there are 40 to 50 people inside the cafe, including customers and staff.

Other reports are suggesting there may only be 13 hostages.

Police handcuffed a man 200m from the cafe siege but a police statement has since clarified the arrest was unrelated to the siege.

For updates, click http://www.news.com.au/national/a-man-is-holding-several-people-hostage-at-martin-place-cafe/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

erika

• View Profile
Re: A man is holding several people hostage at Martin Place cafe
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »
that man should be put to prison and learn a lesson
OMG fashion lover

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:38 PM »
seven o'clock news silent night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1X_a9o4ezw

Bette Midler - From a distance (lyrics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPj2h0N3bU 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
that man should be put to prison and learn a lesson

He's dead. Along with 2 hostages. :(

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
so sad, why do people doing that way Pareng Juan?
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
He perfectly fits the definition of a terrorist. Yet he was not included in the closely watched list. How embarrassing! :-[

Welcome to the happiest nation on earth!  :-[
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:28:45 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 05:02:51 AM »
"If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists -- to protect them and to promote their common welfare -- all else is lost."
( Barack Obama)
 :)

j

juan

• View Profile
Man Haron Monis: The 10 fatal failures that led to a horrific day
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
DANIEL MEERS  THE DAILY TELEGRAPH  DECEMBER 19, 2014 12:00AM

AT least 10 catastrophic failings by federal and state agencies led to the Martin Place atrocity, which Prime Minister Tony Abbott yesterday admitted could have been a “preventable tragedy”.
Had one of the failings been overturned, the terrorist attack which rocked a nation to the core might have been prevented.

FAILED: GRANTED BAIL OVER MURDER
In December last year Man Monis was granted bail in Penrith Local Court despite being charged with being an accessory before and after the fact to killing his ex-wife Noleen Hayson Pal. She was stabbed 18 times and set alight in one of the state’s most brutal murders. Bail was granted under old bail laws that made it easier for criminals to be set free.

FAILED: SAVED FROM EXTRADITION
In 2000 Iran attempted to extradite Monis from Australia back to his homeland to face fraud charges. Monis had defrauded clients who had paid him money as part of the travel agency he owned.
Australia refused the request because there was no extradition treaty between the two nations.

FAILED: DROPPED OFF WATCH LIST
Intelligence agencies had Monis on the terror watch list before he dropped off it in about 2010.
Had he been on the list he more than likely would not have been granted bail.

FAILED: GRANTED CITIZENSHIP
Monis was granted Australian citizenship in 2004 despite a warrant being out in Iran for his arrest.
He should have faced justice in his homeland far earlier. Instead he was granted citizenship in Australia.
The Iranian foreign ministry said Australian authorities knew about Monis’s problems.

FAILED: ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTRY
The terrorist first came to Australia in 1996 and was granted political refugee status. The Iranian government were chasing him for fraud. Despite the allegations he was allowed into Australia.

FAILED: GIVEN LEGAL AID
After he wrote disgraceful letters to widows of Australian war heroes Monis used Legal Aid to go to the High Court in a bid for the trial to be aborted. The taxpayers paid the bill.

FAILED: GUN LICENCE MIX-UP
National databases, which interstate police use to share information, indicated Monis held a gun licence.
Mr Abbott confirmed on Wednesday Monis had a licence, but it was later revealed the database was wrong and the AFP was forced to explain the error in the system.
“The AFP has been working closely with CrimTrac, federal and state partners to establish the source of the entry, and to identify any shortfalls within the current system,’’ a statement said.

FAILED: ALLOWED TO LIVE ON WELFARE
The terrorist lived off the hard work of everyday Australians.
If he was not allowed to claim welfare it would have made it more difficult for him to stay in Australia.

FAILED: MULTIPLE IDENTITIES
Tracking the terrorist throughout his 18 years in Australia proved difficult because he had multiple aliases.
Man Haron Monis came to Australia as Mohammad Hassan Manteghi.
He was later known as Sheik Haron. It is believed he had other names.

FAILED: INFORMATION NOT SHARED
Questions have been raised about whether commonwealth and state agencies share enough information. It is believed agencies made decisions without having access to information that other agencies knew about. It will form part of the urgent review ordered by Prime Minister Abbott.

Pathetic!!!!! 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:25:41 PM by juan »