• 6 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Charlie Hebdo: Paris shooting latest updates
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:26 PM »
Mirror Jan 08, 2015 01:25 By Sam Adams

As many as 12 people are feared to have been killed after gunmen burst into the office of the satirical magazine

A police raid is currently underway in the city of Reims as police track three suspects identified as those responsible for the horrific attack at Charlie Hebdo magazine this morning.

Said Kouachi, 34; his brother Cherif Kouachi, 33; and Hamyd Mourad, 18, are suspected of being responsible for killing 12 people in an attack on the French satirical publication.

Follow the latest breaking news:
1:25 am
Youngest suspect hands himself in
Hamyd Mourad, the youngest of the three suspects at just 18, has surrendered to police, sources tell AFP.
1:15 am
Photos of two suspects emerge
Photos of two of the suspects have been posted on social networks.
Two photos of men believed to be brothers Cherif and Said Kouachi have been shared on Twitter.
12:43 am
One person arrested in Charleville
French news channel Itele is reporting that one person has been arrested during the raid on Charleville-Mézières.
The channel, which is the nations second most watched news TV channel, claims the arrested person is a relative of one of the wanted men.
In a post on Twitter the station said: "1 person detained by police , it would be part of the family of one of the three suspects wanted".
12:21 am
Reims raid 'winding down'
It seems the raid in Reims is now winding down as French TV reports that many police officers have left the scene.
Some reports are emerging that officers were seen leaving the area with forensic evidence, but there remains a police presence outside the building that was raided.
12:14 am
Second raid reported
Reports are coming in of a second police raid taking place in Charleville-Mézières which is more than 50 miles north east of Reims.
12:11 am
Names of dead revealed
According to Thomas Wieder of Le Monde, some of the dead have been identified as cartoonists Cabu, Wolinski, Charb and Honoré as well as Bernard Maris, Mustapha Ourrad, Elsa Cayat, Ahmed Meradet, Franck Brinsolaro, Frédéric Boisseau.

For continual updates, click http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting-live-4933848

"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Charlie Hebdo shooting: At least 12 killed as shots fired at satirical magazine's Paris office
The Independent Thursday 08 January 2015

Police say two officers and 10 journalists are dead, with five others in critical condition, following what President Hollande calls a 'terrorist attack of the most extreme barbarity'

At least 12 people have been killed in a shooting incident at the Paris office of French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, police have confirmed.

Witnesses said that at least two gunmen were involved, and that they were seen armed with AK-47s and pump-action shotguns. The attackers themselves are still on the run.

Four of France’s best-known satirical cartoonists, including the magazine's editor, were among the dead. A further 12 people were injured, some gravely, in what is the worst terrorist incident in France for 40 years.

Police said that at least 10 of the killings took place in the initial attack inside the building, or died within minutes because of the seriousness of their injuries.

As the gunmen left in a black Citroën hatchback, they met with a police car which was part of the permanent protection given to the magazine after it was firebombed in 2011. The attackers got out of their vehicle and opened fire, killing two officers.

Video footage posted to social media showed armed gunmen running through the streets of Paris, shooting with automatic weapons and shouting "Allahu Akbar". According to an eye-witness, one of the gunmen shouted: "The Prophet is avenged."

Paris has raised its terror alert to the highest setting in the aftermath of the attack, while a manhunt has begun for those involved. A social media post from France's AFP news agency reported that the men may also have been armed with at least one rocket-launcher, though this was not corroborated by other reports.

France's interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve said police were looking for "three criminals", though it was not clear how many took part in the shooting itself. All resources had been mobilised, he said, "to neutralise those who committed this barbaric act".

A Charlie Hebdo cartoonist who survived the attack described how two "hooded and armed men" forced her to enter the code letting them into the magazine's offices.

Corinne "Coco" Rey told the French newspaper L'Humanite that the attack lasted five minutes. She said the assailants "spoke perfect French" and "claimed to be from al-Qaeda".

The French President Francois Hollande has travelled to the scene in Paris's 11th arrondissement after what he called a "terrorist attack of the most extreme barbarity".

He said it was the latest in a series of terrorist incidents on French soil, and that the nation was in a state of shock.

To read more, click http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-shooting-10-killed-as-shots-fired-at-satirical-magazine-headquarters-according-to-reports-9962337.html 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Charlie Hebdo: Paris shooting latest updates
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:31:37 PM »
Mosamot jyud ni ka-tough ang mga immigration laws. :(

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Charlie Hebdo: Paris shooting latest updates
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:46:50 AM »
Mosamot jyud ni ka-tough ang mga immigration laws. :(

Nobody's reading this thread? Why am I not surprised? ;D

j

juan

• View Profile
Last Updated: Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 00:37

Paris: Elite French police stormed a printworks and a Jewish supermarket Friday, killing two brothers wanted for the Charlie Hebdo attack and a gunman linked to them in a dramatic end to twin sieges that rocked France.

As shots and explosions rang out in the City of Light, five people, including the gunman, were found dead in the aftermath of the assault on the Jewish store in eastern Paris and several captives were freed, security sources said.

A further four people were in critical condition after the raid, as ambulances raced to the scene, joining a jam of police vans, other emergency vehicles and helicopters buzzing overhead.

"It`s war!" screamed a mother as she dragged her daughter from the scene.

An AFP reporter saw at least one body lying at the scene, where the sliding glass door of the shop was completely shattered.
The dramatic climax to the two standoffs brought to an end more than 48 hours of fear and uncertainty that began when the two brothers slaughtered 12 people at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in the bloodiest attack on French soil in half a century.

The weekly had lampooned jihadists and repeatedly published cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed which angered many Muslims.

A woman living in an apartment two storeys above the supermarket, Virginie Handani, 35, said she heard "two big bangs and gunfire that lasted around a minute" when the assault started.

President Francois Hollande was to address the nation before 1900 GMT.About 30 kilometres (16 miles) to the northeast, in the small town of Dammartin-en-Goele, the two Islamist Charlie Hebdo gunmen staged a desperate escape bid, charging out of the building all guns blazing at the security forces before being cut down in their tracks, a security source said.

Police confirmed their identity as Cherif and Said Kouachi, French-born orphans of Algerian origin.

The other hostage-taker in the eastern Porte de Vincennes area of Paris was also suspected of gunning down a policewoman in southern Paris Thursday and knew at least one of the Charlie Hebdo gunmen.

French police released mugshots of the man, Amedy Coulibaly, 32, as well as a woman named as 26-year-old Hayat Boumeddiene, also wanted over the shooting of the policewoman.
The Vincennes area was swamped with police who shut down the city`s ringroad as well as schools and shops in the area. Authorities ordered residents to stay indoors.
In Dammartin-en-Goele, only 12 kilometres (seven miles) from Paris`s main Charles de Gaulle airport, French elite forces had deployed snipers on roofs and helicopters buzzed low over the small printing business where the Charlie Hebdo suspects had been cornered early Friday.
Ahead of the stand-off, police had already exchanged fire with the pair in a high-speed car chase.
One witness described coming face-to-face at the printer`s with one of the suspects, dressed in black, wearing a bullet-proof vest and carrying what looked like a Kalashnikov.

The salesman told France Info radio that one of the brothers said: "`Leave, we don`t kill civilians anyhow`."
One 60-year-old choked back tears as she said how elite forces burst into the shop where her daughter works and ordered them to take cover.

"My daughter told me: `Don`t be scared mummy, we`re well protected. She was calm but me, I`m scared. I`m really scared," said the woman.
Prior to the standoff, the suspects had hijacked a car from a woman who said she recognised the brothers.The spectacular attacks came as it emerged the brothers had been on a US terror watch list "for years".

And as fears spread in the wake of the attack, the head of Britain`s domestic spy agency MI5 warned that Islamist militants were planning other "mass casualty attacks against the West" and that intelligence services may be powerless to stop them.

Wednesday`s bloodbath at Charlie Hebdo, which had repeatedly lampooned the Prophet Mohammed, has sparked a global chorus of outrage, with impromptu and poignant rallies around the world in support of press freedom under the banner "jesuischarlie" (I am Charlie).
US President Barack Obama was the latest to sign a book of condolence in Washington with the message "Vive la France!" as thousands gathered in Paris on a day of national mourning Thursday, and the Eiffel Tower dimmed its lights to honour the dead.

And as a politically divided and crisis-hit France sought to pull together in the wake of the tragedy, the head of the country`s Muslim community -- the largest in Europe -- urged imams to condemn terrorism at Friday prayers.

In a highly unusual step, Hollande met far-right leader Marine Le Pen at the Elysee Palace on Friday, as France geared up for a "Republican march" on Sunday expected to draw hundreds of thousands including British Prime Minister David Cameron and his Spanish counterpart Mariano Rajoy and Italy`s Matteo Renzi.

Interior Minsiter Bernard Cazeneuve announced that a total of 88,000 security forces were mobilised across the country and that an international meeting on terrorism would take place in Paris on Sunday.

Nine people had already been detained as part of the operation, Cazeneuve said.Meanwhile, questions mounted as to how a pair well-known for jihadist views could have slipped through the net and attack Charlie Hebdo.

Cherif Kouachi, 32, was a known jihadist convicted in 2008 for involvement in a network sending fighters to Iraq.
Said, 34, has been "formally identified" as the main attacker in Wednesday`s bloodbath.

A senior US administration official told AFP that one of the two brothers was believed to have trained with al Qaeda in Yemen, while another source said that the pair had been on a US terror watch list "for years".

The brothers were both flagged in a US database as terror suspects, and also on the no-fly list, meaning they were barred from flying into the United States, the officials said.
The Islamic State group`s radio praised them as "heroes" and Somalia`s Shebab militants, al Qaeda`s main affiliate in Africa, hailed the massacre as a "heroic" act.

Refusing to be cowed, the controversial magazine plans a print run of one million copies instead of its usual 60,000, as journalists from all over the French media landscape piled in to help out the decimated staff.

"It`s very hard. We are all suffering, with grief, with fear, but we will do it anyway because stupidity will not win," said columnist Patrick Pelloux.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:57:06 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
That's my daughter! Father of jihadi girl had no idea about her terror links... then saw her mugshot on television

By CLAIRE DUFFIN and EMILY KENT SMITH IN PARIS FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 09:09 EST, 12 January 2015 | UPDATED: 10:01 EST, 12 January 2015

The devastated father of France’s most wanted woman handed himself in to police, declaring, ‘That is my daughter’, it was revealed last night.

Mohamed Boumeddiene went to the authorities just hours after seeing his daughter Hayat’s mugshot on television – released following her husband’s murder of a policewoman and later four hostages in a Parisian deli.

Mr Boumeddiene is said to be shocked and heartbroken by his daughter’s alleged involvement in the terror siege. She is thought to have fled France and made her way to Syria.

Neighbours say he has since locked himself in his flat, disconnected his phone and has been heard crying and saying: ‘I don’t know if she is dead or alive.’

A friend said: ‘He went to the mosque on Friday to pray and then took himself to the police station after he saw her picture on the television.’

Mr Boumeddiene, a delivery driver, is understood to have told police he had no idea what his daughter was planning and was ‘shocked’. He was questioned but not arrested.

Police described Hayat, 26, who has reportedly received terror training, as ‘armed and dangerous’.

Her husband Amedy Coulibaly, 32, was part of the same terror cell as the Kouachi brothers – Cherif, 32, and Said, 34 – who killed 12 at the Charlie Hebdo magazine offices.
Boumeddiene is believed to have been involved in the planning of the co-ordinated attacks, after phone records revealed she had exchanged more than 500 calls with Cherif’s wife Izzana last year.
There were suggestions she had also helped the men gather weapons.

As police revealed she may now be in Syria with Islamic State fighters, friends and neighbours shed light on her troubled but devout childhood.

Last night, a neighbour who has known the family for more than 20 years, described Mr Boumeddiene’s shock after the photo of Hayat was flashed around the world.

Although estranged for many years, they were said to have had a reconciliation recently. He picked her up from the airport when she returned from a pilgrimage to Mecca last year.
‘Her father has been crying and saying, “I don’t know where she is, I don’t know if my daughter is dead or alive,” said the woman.
‘Her mother wore a head scarf. She was very religious … a proper Muslim woman. She stayed at home and made bread. [Hayat] left 17 or 18 years ago when her mum died … Her father saw her sometimes but she did not visit after he remarried.

‘The new wife is very different – she doesn’t wear a head scarf, she works in a retirement home.’
The neighbour, who did not want to be named, said she believed Hayat’s husband was the driving force, adding: ‘She left here with that man. He did everything and then it all came down on her. He was the mastermind.’

A friend who goes to the same Al Islah mosque as Mr Boumeddiene said he had not attended the mosque since his daughter’s links to the terror plot were revealed.
Born in Villiers-sur-Marne, a suburb nine miles east of Paris, Boumeddiene grew up in a small flat in a run-down part of the town – where her father still lives.
Her mother died suddenly when she was six. It is understood her father struggled to cope after his wife’s death and the younger of his seven children, including Hayat, were taken into care.

She is believed to have met Coulibaly in Juvisy-sur-Orge, south-east of Paris, while working as a cashier. He first came to the attention of police as a teenager and was later convicted of a string of drug and theft offences.

The couple lived in a flat in Bagneux, a poor suburb of Paris, where neighbours this week described them as ‘quiet and normal’. They said they enjoyed holidays together, and were pictured embracing on a beach, Boumeddiene in a bikini.

Coulibaly is said to have met Cherif Kouachi between 2005 and 2006 while in Fleury-Merogis prison, south of Paris. Meanwhile, Boumeddiene became more devout, wearing traditional Islamic dress. She reportedly lost her job because she refused to take off her veil.

The couple married in a religious ceremony in 2009, though this is not legally recognised.

When Boumeddiene was interviewed in 2010 by counter-terrorism officers over Coulibaly’s involvement in a bid to free bomber Smain Ait Ali Belkacem from jail, she refused to condemn Al-Qaeda attacks.

It was initially thought she was at the Jewish deli attack. But police said she was seen by Turkish authorities crossing into Syria on January 8, the day Coulibaly killed a trainee policewoman.
Cherif Kouachi’s wife was released from police custody yesterday, after being arrested in connection with his attacks. She released a statement condemning the atrocities, claiming she had no idea of his plans.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:50:43 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: That's my daughter! .....
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 01:12:50 AM »
That's my daughter! Father of jihadi girl had no idea about her terror links... then saw her mugshot on television

By CLAIRE DUFFIN and EMILY KENT SMITH IN PARIS FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 09:09 EST, 12 January 2015 | UPDATED: 10:01 EST, 12 January 2015

The couple lived in a flat in Bagneux, a poor suburb of Paris, where neighbours this week described them as ‘quiet and normal’. They said they enjoyed holidays together, and were pictured embracing on a beach, Boumeddiene in a bikini.

Maybe not a Muslim. Otherwise, won't be wearing bikini and embracing in public. :-\

Living in a poor suburb, probably one living in extreme poverty.

Like 70% of the Philippine population. :(

Seems like the security protocol established since 9/11 is inadequate. As British MI5 openly admitted might be unable to tackle massive casualty attacks of this kind against the west.

Not a comforting thought at all! ::)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:58:59 AM by juan »