Gardens by the Bay: Singapore's Most Beautiful Masterpiece

• 11 replies

erika

• View Profile
Gardens by the Bay: Singapore's Most Beautiful Masterpiece
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:12 AM »

I've been to Singapore 5 times already and with each trip, Singapore has something new to offer. My first trip was in 2006, my very first out-of-the-country experience. The attractions that I've seen that time were the Merlion, Sentosa Island (by cable car) and the Esplanade. In 2008, I came back and tried the Night Safari and shopped at Chinatown among other things. My third time was in 2010 when I toured Little India, Clark Quay, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, and restaurants in Geylang. 2013 marked my fourth time in the 'Little Dot' when I stayed the longest: 8 days! This is the year I went to Universal Studios Singapore, marveled at the beauty of Marina Bay Sands and rode the Singapore Flyer.

Last May 14, 2015, was my fifth time in Singapore. The trip was only for one day because it's part of the Tune Hotels Danga Bay bloggers fam tour which was mostly held in the Southern Malaysian city of Johor Bahru. We went to Marina Bay Sands that day to watch the finale of "Asia's Got Talent" inside MasterCard theater. After the show, we went back to Malaysia.

The bloggers fam tour in Johor Bahru ended last May 16, Saturday. But I decided to return to Singapore by bus to spend one more day at this amazing country. Can we consider it my sixth time in the Lion City?

So the highlight of my one-day Singapore trip was of course, exploring its newest attraction: the famed Gardens by the Bay.

Winner of the 2014 International Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Botanical Garden, Gardens by the Bay is a huge complex that showcase great landscape architecture. It's adjacent to the Marina Bay Sands and consists of three waterfront gardens: Bay South Garden, Bay East Garden and Bay Central Garden.

When you cross the bridge from Marina Bay Sands, a picturesque view will mesmerize you as if you're about to enter Jurassic Park or the world of Avatar. The structures that first caught my attention were the "Supertrees."
OMG fashion lover

erika

• View Profile
Re: Gardens by the Bay: Singapore's Most Beautiful Masterpiece
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 06:37:44 AM »

These supertrees, which differ in height, are home to enclaves of exotic ferns, vines, orchids and also a vast collection of bromeliads (like pineapples) at the base. It comes alive at night with the Garden Rhapsody, a free light and sound show at 7:45pm and 8:45pm.

OMG fashion lover

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »

There are two conservatories in the 101-hectares wide Gardens by the Bay: the Flower Dome (on the left) and the Cloud Forest (right):

The Flower Dome features plants found in the Mediterranean and other semi-arid tropical regions like Australia, South America, and South Africa. It also replicates the climate in the said places. The Cloud Forest, on the other hand, replicates the cool moist conditions found in tropical mountain regions in South-East Asia, Middle-and South America. It consists of a number of levels with different themes and features different kinds of orchids, ferns, peacock ferns, clubmosses, bromeliads and anthuriums. The ticket price for each attraction is S$12 for adult and S$ for children and senior citizens.
OMG fashion lover

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 03:06:14 PM »
ang galing, 5 times kana pala nakapunta ng Singapore?

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 05:43:14 AM »
Quote from: OMG! link=topic=18886.msg658428#msg658428 date=1434751574quote

no uncle mikey it was posted from a blogger and i think this experience caught my attention so i posted it

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:44:16 AM by erika »
OMG fashion lover

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 05:45:51 AM »

no uncle mikey it was posted from a blogger and i think this experience caught my attention so i posted it
OMG fashion lover

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 05:48:08 AM »
Quote from: OMG! link=topic=18886.msg658428#msg658428 date=1434751574

/quote
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:50:02 AM by erika »
OMG fashion lover

erika

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »

ang galing, 5 times kana pala nakapunta ng Singapore?

OMG fashion lover

tricia_nikki

• Global Moderator
  • Don't judge a book by its cover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
wow, nindota
Friendship is the art of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »
then post his name or her name as the blogger kay minggawas na ikaw ang blogger man gud, makasaba an ta ana sa blogger, thanks sa effort Erika