Piolo Pascual

• 51 replies

lamay

• View Profile
Piolo Pascual
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »
Born January 12, 1977, in Manila, Philippines, Piolo José Nonato Pascual (screen name: Piolo Pascual), is an award-winning and multi-nominated film and television actor, platinum-selling recording artist and songwriter, concert performer, host and product endorser in the Philippines.

Career and Personal life

Piolo Pascual is a Eurasian. His paternal grandfather was a German American and his paternal grandmother has mixed Spanish and Austronesian blood. Pascual has a 9-year-old son named Inigo from a previous non-showbiz relationship.

Pascual's earliest acting experience was in the student theatrical group "Teatro Tomasino" of the University of Santo Tomas. His early television credits include his stint as Kuya Miguel in ABS-CBN's educational show ATBP and as one of the many teen stars in GMA Network's musical variety show That's Entertainment. His first big break on the small screen came via a weekly primetime series entitled Sa Sandaling Kailangan Mo Ako (The Moment You Need Me), where he received an Asian TV Awards (1999) Best Drama Actor nomination for portraying the villain role of Raffy.

Pascual's early film credits include a brief appearance as Jussi Leino in The Untold Story: Vizconde Massacre 2 - God Have Mercy on Us (1994) and a supporting part in Batang PX (1997). His first big cinema break was the title role in Lagarista (2000) where he received his first Gawad Urian nomination (Best Actor). Lagarista was exhibited in the Toronto, Pusan and Hongkong film festivals.

In 2002, Pascual played the role of Jules Bartolome opposite Vilma Santos and Christopher de Leon, in Dekada '70. He achieved a rare grand slam feat collecting a total of eight awards from all the existing award-giving bodies during the 2003 awards season in the Best Supporting Actor category starting with the Metro Manila Film Festival in December 2002 and culminating with the Gawad Urian in May 2003.

Pascual celebrated his 10th year anniversary in showbiz with a second major solo concert entitled TEN at the Araneta Coliseum on November 30, 2007. A coffee table book entitled Piolo: Believing showcasing career highlights was also launched. On December 4, 2007, Pascual was awarded his own star in the Philippines Walk of Fame.

Awards and Achievements

Main article: List of film, tv, music, and entertainment industry awards of Piolo Pascual

For acting prowess, Piolo has garnered 5 Best Actor and 8 Best Supporting Actor trophies. He has recevied the Young Critics Circle, the Gawad URIAN, the FAMAS, the FAP Luna, the PMPC Star, the ENPRESS Golden Screen, the Gawad TANGLAW, the PASADO, and the Metro Manila Film Festival-Philippines statuettes.

For box-office prowess, Piolo has received 4 Mr. RP Movies awards from the Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation.

For musical prowess, Piolo has 2 gold, 2 platinum and 1 triple platinum awards for his solo efforts as certified by the Philippine Association of Recording Industry, Inc.

Libel Case

On January 17, 2008, 12 witnesses were listed as witnesses on the P 12-million libel suit filed by Piolo Pascual and Sam Milby against Pilipino Star Ngayon (PSN) columnist Lolit solis Lolit (re: column, "Take It, Take It", October 15). Solis wrote that she saw the 2 actors together at the coffee shop of Hotel Sofitel on October 12. The hearing was conducted by Assistant Prosecutor Dennis Aguila at the Manila City Regional Trial Court, Manila City Hall. The 12 witnesses for the complainants include Angel Locsin, Rica Peralejo, Pokwang, at Cristy Fermin, and 2 employees of Essensuals by Toni & Guy

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:23:49 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »
shake it all off and just have fun!

Re: Piolo Pascual
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »
bagay sila ni sam.lols

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
Sinong sam?

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:16:19 AM »
sam milby gud,uyab man na sila

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 04:01:41 AM »
hahahahhahaha ;D

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
wa na ko say basta perti nyang bugduha diay no?laban pa michael laban pa

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
gamay ra man na sya na tawo in person.mga 5 7 ra cguro

SAW_girl

• i saw,i came,i conquered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
you mean pati sa kanya maliit lang phoebe?

SAW_girl

• i saw,i came,i conquered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »
kilala ko si piolo sa dami naming pinagsamahan, ang sarap talaga nyang.............

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
basin maliit kay matud pa nila ang mga gwapo kuno na lalaki,maliit lang yan.lols