Today We Pray For Those Who Are Affected....

• 7 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Today We Pray For Those Who Are Affected....
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
The people in Myanmar(Cyclone),China(Earthquake)and in Oklahoma(Tornado) needs our prayers and help.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Today We Pray For Those Who Are Affected....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
China quake death toll rises to nearly 10,000
CHENGDU, China - A powerful earthquake toppled buildings, schools and chemical plants Monday in central China, killing nearly 10,000 people and trapping untold numbers in mounds of concrete, steel and earth in the country's worst quake in three decades.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 7.9-magnitude quake devastated a region of small cities and towns set amid steep hills north of Sichuan's provincial capital of Chengdu. Striking in midafternoon, it emptied office buildings across the country in Beijing and could be felt as far away as Vietnam.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
Myanmar cyclone death toll jumps to 31,938
 YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar's state television says the death toll in this month's cyclone has gone up to 31,938.
ADVERTISEMENT

It said Monday that the number of missing now stands at 29,770. The death toll is 3,480 more than the number reported on Sunday.

The United Nations said Monday that the actual death toll could be between 62,000 and 100,000.

The United States delivered its first relief supplies to Myanmar on Monday.

Foreign aid workers have so far been barred from entering the country, and relief supplies are piling up in Yangon and outside Myanmar.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
Shared by Sylvia Fortich and

By Father James Reuter, S.J.

The signs are clear.  Our nation is headed towards an irreversible
path of economic decline and moral decadence.  It is not for lack of
effort.

We've seen many men and women of integrity in and out of government, NGOs, church groups & people's organization devote themselves to the task of nation-building, often times against insurmountable odds.  But not even two people revolutions, bloodless as they may be, have made adent in reversing this trend.  At best, we have moved one step forward, but three steps backward.

We need a force far greater than our collective efforts, as a people, can ever hope to muster.  It is time to move the battle to the spiritual realm.  It's time to claim GOD's promise of healing of the land for His people.  It's time to gather GOD's people on its knees to pray for the economic recovery and moral reformation of our nation.  Is prayer really the answer?

Before you dismiss this as just another rambling of a religious fanatic, I'd like you to consider some lessons we can glean from history.

England's ascendancy to world power was preceded by the Reformation, a spiritual revival fuelled by intense prayers.  The early American
settlers built the foundation that would make it the most powerful nation today – a strong faith in GOD and a disciplined prayer life.
Throughout its history, and especially at its major turning points, waves of revival and prayer movement swept across the land.

In recent times, we see Korea as a nation experiencing revival and in the process producing the largest Christian church in the world today, led by Rev. Paul Yongi Cho.  No wonder it has emerged as a strong nation when other economies around it are faltering.

Even from a purely secular viewpoint, it makes a lot of sense.  For where there is genuine humbling & seeking of GOD through prayer, moral reformation necessarily follows.  And this, in turn, will lead to general prosperity.

YES, we believe prayer can make a difference.

It's our only hope.

Today, we launch this email brigade, to inform Filipinos from all over the world to pray, as a people, for the economic recovery and moral
reformation of our nation.  We do not ask for much.  We only ask for 5 minutes of your time in a day, to forward this email to your close
friends and relatives.

This is the kind of unity which can make a big difference.  Of course, if you feel strongly, as I do, about the power of prayer, you can be
more involved by starting your own prayer group or prayer center.

We have tried people power twice; in both cases, it fell short.  Maybe it's time to try prayer power.

GOD never fails.  Is there hope?  YES!  We can rely on GOD's promise, but we have to do our part.  If we humble ourselves and pray as a people, GOD will heal our land.

By GOD's grace, we may yet see a better future for our children.  GODbless and save our country.

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

consuelo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:38:30 AM »
and today forever,Amen.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:07 AM »
yes we gotta pray for them for they're health and safety
andrew lee

havoc

• "awesome is my word" LMAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
wow...most def....
jai

if only i can go back in time.....

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »
it's been a year now