rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: Remembering Rudy Fernandez..
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »
Rudy Fernandez loses cancer battle

MANILA -- Action star Rudy Fernandez succumbed Saturday morning to pancreatic cancer, ending a battle that lasted more than two years.

The 56-year-old actor died at 6:15 a.m. in his home in White Plains, Quezon City, less than a month after he was brought home from the hospital where he has undergone treatment for his illness.

Related Story:
Rudy Fernandez dies at 56

According to her, Fernandez was in extreme pain as early as Tuesday night, but he forbade his wife, drama actress Lorna Tolentino, from calling an ambulance and bringing him to a hospital.

Solis added that even then, the actor was weak and was having difficulty recognizing people.

She said the actor could not stand people crying about his condition. At one point, Fernandez even requested his son by actress Alma Moreno, Mark Anthony, not to enter his room because the latter wept every time he sees his father.

The actor's body was brought to the Heritage Memorial Park and Crematorium in Taguig City around 8 a.m. Saturday.

Several of his relatives and close friends in the showbiz industry such as Senators Jose "Jinggoy" Estrada and Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr., Philip Salvador, Tirso Cruz III, Gina Alajar, and Amy Austria were among those who right away expressed condolence to the family left by Fernandez.

Solis said Estrada is making the funeral arrangements for his friend.

The internment will be held on Thursday also at the Heritage Park.

Security has been beefed up in anticipation of the celebrities and fans who would flock to the wake.

Funeral authorities said the crematorium would be closed off awhile to keep the wake exclusive to Fernandez family and close friends.

Fernandez is survived by his wife Lorna Tolentino and sons Renz, Ralph, and Mark Anthony.

Known as "Daboy," Fernandez is the son of film director Gregorio Fernandez. He started his film career in 1970 while he was still a student at the University of Santo Tomas.

He made a name for himself as an action star with "Bitayin si Baby Ama" in 1976. He gained further fame with "Ang Leon, Ang Tigre at ang Alamid" in 1979.

The actor was also known for portraying true-to-life characters, including "Markang Bungo" in 1992.

Fernandez won two Famas Best Actor awards for the action films "Batuigas...Pasukuin si Waway" in 1984 and "Victor Corpus" in 1988.

He received the Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) 2008 Ulirang Artista Lifetime Achievement Award during the 24th Star Awards for Movies.

Fernandez also received the Film Academy of the Philippines FPJ Lifetime Achievement Award.

He even made a brief foray into local politics when he ran under the banner of the opposition's Pwersa ng Masa party as mayor of Quezon City in 2001 but lost to Feliciano "Sonny" Belmonte Jr.

Pancreatic cancer is the fourth most common leading cancer among men.

Based on medical reports, heavy smokers are two to three times more at risk of pancreatic cancer than non-smokers. People who have chronic pancreatitis are also at a higher risk of developing pancreatic cancer. The disease is not contagious.

Factors that may increase the risk of getting pancreatic cancer include exposure to cancer-causing agents such as cigarette smoking, a high fat, low fiber diet and a diet containing high food additives and diabetes.
life is beautiful!

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:19:27 AM »
Date: MARCH 3, 2008
Affair: RUDY FERNANDEZ’S 56TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Place: WACK WACK & COUNTRY CLUB, MANDALUYONG CITY

goodbye the late daboy..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:59:16 AM by faye »
life is beautiful!

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 08:46:40 AM »
May he rest in peace.
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)

faye

• bohol's pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
paalam daboy!
the best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it ever!

amor

• enjoy life..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:29:23 AM »
rest in peace daboy..  :'(
everything starts as somebody's daydream..

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

goodbye Daboy!

ang swerte nyo,nakapag picture pa kayo bago namatay,gusto nyo pa pic sa akin?
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
ang swerte nyo,nakapag picture pa kayo bago namatay,gusto nyo pa pic sa akin?

Hahaha! Makatawa gyud ko nimo, Dhay Janet! Ako pa-pic sad nimo pirmi beh!
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)

thorn prince

• i am the one who dwells within
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »
MGA TAO: noon si DA KING ang namatay, ngayon naman si DA BOY, sino kaya ang susunod???...

DAGUL: parang ako na yata!!

hahahahaha..joke3