Imelda Marcos

• 18 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Imelda Marcos
« on: October 01, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
Imelda R. Marcos (born Imelda Remedios Visitacion Trinidad Romuáldez on July 2, 1929) is the widow of former President Ferdinand Marcos, and is herself an influential political figure in the Philippines. She is sometimes referred to as the Steel Butterfly or the Iron Butterfly.

Imelda was born on July 2, 1929 in San Juan de Dios Hospital in Manila. Her parents were Vicente Orestes Lopez Romuáldez (of Spanish-Chinese-Filipino blood) and Remedios Trinidad (1902–1938) , the second wife of the widowed Vicente. She is of Visayan and Tagalog descent. Her paternal ancestors, the wealthy and prominent Lopezes of Leyte, claimed to have founded the town of Tolosa, Leyte . Her own branch of the family was not political. Her father was a scholarly man more interested in music and culture than in public life. Her mother, Remedios Trinidad, a dressmaker who grew up in an orphanage in Manila, said to have been an illegitimate offspring of a friar, was from the town of Baliuag, Bulacan.

Marcos spent her childhood in the shadow of the Malacañang Palace in San Miguel District in Manila, since her family then lived near San Miguel Church. After Marcos's mother Remedios died, and their home foreclosed, her father, Vicente, moved his family back to Leyte to live with relatives, where Marcos earned a bachelor's degree in education at St. Paul's College.

She became a beauty queen. At the age of 18, she was crowned the "Rose of Tacloban," became "Miss Leyte", went to Manila in 1953. Her photogenic face soon graced many of Manila's magazine covers and she was named the "Muse of Manila" by then Manila Mayor, Arsenio Lacson, a special title given her after she protested her loss in the Miss Manila pageant. In 1954, Marcos met then-Ilocos Norte Congressman Ferdinand E. Marcos. After a whirlwind courtship in Baguio during Holy Week, they were married in May of that year at the Manila Pro-Cathedral Church with President Ramon Magsaysay as principal sponsor. They have four children: Maria Imelda "Imee" Marcos, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos, Jr., Irene Marcos, and Aimee Marcos, who was adopted.

In 1966, Ferdinand Marcos became the 10th President of the Philippines. Together with Imelda, he would rule the Philippines from September 21, 1972 up to his removal in February 1986 in the famous People Power Revolution when he fled the Philippines.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:53:01 PM by Mikey is the »

leoudtohan

• the world is a flipside
    • View Profile
Re: Imelda Marcos...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:41:40 AM »
yeah! she is still classic and elegant!

T

TARSIER

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 06:42:23 PM »
5 to 10 years later, she will have 250,000 pairs of shoes

leocalinan

• davao is hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
ang ganda mo madam
and i am hot to you

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »
classic beauty forever more
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:53:55 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com

jinkyjane

• I am 'Never Plain Jane'...
    • View Profile
    • Jinky Jane
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
we are related.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:54:19 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »
"When I reach the place of my dreams, I will thank my failures and tears. They too, kept me going..." ~ Dodinsky (In My Garden of Thoughts)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
who's gonna inherit Lola Meldy's mountain of designer shoes??  ;D ;D ;D

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Imelda Marcos
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
Imelda R. Marcos (born Imelda Remedios Visitasion Romualdez on July 2, 1929) is a Filipina politician and widow of 10th Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos. Upon the ascension of her husband to political power, she held various positions to the government until 1986. She is the first politician elected as member of the Philippine legislature in three geographical locations (Manila, Leyte, Ilocos Norte). In 2010, she was elected to become a member of the House of Representatives to represent Ilocos Norte's second district. She is sometimes referred to as the Steel Butterfly or the Iron Butterfly. She is often remembered for symbols of the extravagance of her husband's political reign, including her collection of 2700 pairs of shoes.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
“People say I'm extravagant because I want to be surrounded by beauty. But tell me, who wants to be surrounded by garbage?”  :) ;)
- Imelda Marcos quote

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
“If you know how rich you are, you are not rich. But me, I am not aware of the extent of my wealth. That's how rich we are.”  :) ;)
- Imelda Marcos