• 27 replies

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
The "Tabo" Scandal
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:58:48 AM »
The "Tabo" Scandal at Townsville Queensland: an essential read for All Pinoys!
forwarded by: arlene bruland

Townsville toilet row – man sacked over bathroom habits
LENDL RYAN
January 24th, 2009

A TOWNSVILLE man has been sacked for `un-Australian' toilet habits. Amador Bernabe, 43, uses water to clean himself instead of toilet paper.

Mr Bernabe, a machine operator on a working visa from the Philippines, said it was his culture.
But on Thursday he got the shock of his life when his foreman followed him into the toilet questioning his toilet hygiene.
Mr Bernabe said his employer Townsville Engineering Industries (TEI) sacked him yesterday for not going to the toilet the Australian way.

TEI, which is located at the Bohle, could not be reached for comment yesterday. The move has angered union bosses and politicians on the Australia Day weekend.
"I went to go to the toilet and I took a bottle of water when my foreman saw me and he said `you can't bring the water in there'," Mr Bernabe said.
"I asked why and he said it wasn't good but I said it's our way and he followed me into the toilet.
"I said it's my personal hygiene. I didn't break any law, I didn't break any rules of the company, why can't I do this, and he said he would report me to the manager.
"The next morning when I came in I went to punch my time card and he told me the manager wanted to talk to me in his office.
"He asked me what had happened and I explained to him and he said if I didn't follow the Australian way I would be immediately terminated and I said `sir, then you better terminate me'.."

Australian Manufacturing Worker's Union state organiser Rick Finch said the incident was shocking.
"I think it is atrocious, an invasion of a person's rights and cultural beliefs," he said.
"The paradox of the toilet and a person's actions is something that no boss can even think about interfering with and the thought that bosses think they have the control to get involved in the toiletry is a gross invasion of an employee's privacy.
"If it wasn't so disgusting it would almost be laughable."
Mr Finch slammed the move as `bigoted'.

Greens spokeswoman Jenny Stirling praised Mr Bernabe for standing up for his rights.
"I commend the man for standing up for himself and I encourage the employer to have further talks with the union and the employee and I am sure commonsense will prevail," she said.
"I would like to see how Australians feel when they go to Europe where in places they don't have toilet paper."
Thuringowa MP Craig Wallace said the company should re-evaluate their priorities.
"Employers should be worried how their business operates rather than what their employees do in the loo," he said.
"I know in a number of cultures using paper to clean yourself is considered an offence because of their beliefs.
"If he is being hygienic and not bothering anyone else then good luck to him."
Mr Finch said employers should be more tolerant of their employees, especially in Mr Bernabe's case where he has been brought to the country by TEI on a 457 visa.
"At the end of the day we are a multicultural society and if they want to import workers then they need to be tolerant of other workers and other cultures," he said.
"They don't own these workers, they are borrowed and hired to carry out a job.
"The thought these bosses think they can lord it over these workers is insane.
"What it shows is the company's complete arrogance for workers' rights"
Mr Bernabe, a father of four, had been with the company since April 2008 and said he had no problems until yesterday.
"It's hard work but it is my skill so it is good," he said.
"The only problem was yesterday."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:59:45 PM by OMG! »
life is beautiful!

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
Re: The "Tabo" Scandal
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:01:03 AM »
good thing he was reinstated.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
i see what a tabo can do

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:59:09 PM by OMG! »

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:52:04 PM »
That’s what makes Australia a great country to live in. ;D ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »
Interesting to see what would happen if a Pinoy butcher sells dog meat. Or, a Pinoy carbao farmer processing and exporting carabao meat. ;D ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:03:11 AM by juan »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
What Is a Bidet Toilet?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
good thing he was reinstated.
Ignorante lang ang iyang boss. Many countries use water instead of toilet paper. Heard of the bidet toilet?

History
•   The word "bidet" is French and means "pony." It is a bowl that is situated lower than a toilet with a faucet (much like a sink faucet that can control water pressure and temperature).
Geography
•   The bidet can be found while traveling through many countries, including most of Europe (France, Italy, Spain and Greece), South America (Brazil, Argentina) and Japan.
Function
•   The bidet is used to clean the area around the anus after a bowel movement and also can be used to clean a woman's vulva after urination. To use the bidet, one straddles the bowl and turns on the faucet, which shoots a steady stream of water to clean the area.
Benefits
•   The benefit of using a bidet is that toilet paper is no longer necessary.
Features
•   Although the bidet is used as a personal cleaning device, the size and temperature gauge have also allowed in recent years for the bidet to be used as a baby bath and even a laundry basin.
 :) ;)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:00:51 PM by OMG! »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »
Bidet toilet was found in some Spanish colonial homes while still living in Manila. Used one in Lucban, Quezon Province. No problem with water as the mountain behind was a water reservoir. Water flowed freely through the canals and water pipes towards the sea. :) ;)

angelogats

• OMG Rockz!
    • View Profile
Blackberry-by angelogats
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
Tara,manabo tah. .

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:01:43 PM by OMG! »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »
maawa!

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »
Maawa ka sa mga fans ko! They miss me so much! Ako ang kanilang bida. ;D :D ;)