• 27 replies

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
Re: The "Tabo" Scandal
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:16 PM »
magpa picture gyud kong nakatabo diha hehehe

at magpa tabo moment na..hehhee
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »
Queensland aims to be top explorer
Posted: 23/07/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Construction

A new report released by the Ministerial Advisory Committee for Exploration, or MACE, has revealed that Queensland aims to become the leading state in Australia for exploration.

Although there has been a general lowering of investment in the exploration industry across the world, Queensland is determined to become a leader in this field, and to show that there’s plenty of life in it yet!

MACE is a very young organisation that was formed in October 2013 by Andrew Cripps, the minister for Natural Resources and Mines. The organisation was created to provide feedback on Queensland’s exploration performance from the industry at large, and help to direct the state towards a new position as the leading exploration state in Australia.

The news was revealed at a breakfast hosted by the Queensland Exploration Council. According to Mining Australia, Mr Cripps said that the resources sector and the Newman Government were working in collaboration to deliver on the government’s election promise of growing Queensland’s resources economy.

He said: “I thank the committee for helping identify ways Queensland can attract more exploration investment and promote sustainable growth of our mining and petroleum and gas sectors.

“The Newman Government has a strong plan for a brighter future and we’re committed to ensuring Queenslanders enjoy the benefits of the resources sector for generations to come.”

The reason MACE and the government are so eager to boost Queensland’s leadership of the resources industry is due to the sector’s position as an employer of thousands of Australians and as a key player in the country’s livelihood.

“That’s why we’re working with the sector to position Queensland as the best-performing exploration jurisdiction in Australia and to identify how we can improve the way we do business to make this happen,” he said.

“We are committed, through our ResourcesQ Partnership with industry, to develop a 30-year vision and action plan to grow a robust resources sector that will continue to deliver significant economic benefits for Queensland communities.

“We realise Queensland’s resource potential starts with exploration, which is critical to discovering the new resources that will drive future mines and energy projects.”

Exploration could just be the start of an exciting new direction for Queensland’s oil, gas and mining industry. The news could mean the creation of many new jobs for skilled workers in Australia.

To read more click http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/july-2014/queensland-aims-to-be-top-explorer.aspx

Just a reminder .....
The "Tabo" Scandal at Townsville Queensland: an essential read for All Pinoys!
forwarded by: arlene bruland

Townsville toilet row – man sacked over bathroom habits
LENDL RYAN
January 24th, 2009

A TOWNSVILLE man has been sacked for `un-Australian' toilet habits. Amador Bernabe, 43, uses water to clean himself instead of toilet paper.
Ayao baya nig buhata ha kon naa na mo dinhi sa mina nagtrabaho! ;D
The old adage, "when in Rome live like the Romans", also holds true in this case. :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »
Ang "tabo" sa Lilo-an means "market day". Occurs once a week. That's the only day when cow and pig meat and a few others are available.
While still living in Pasig, tabo was during Sundays. Vendors from the provinces flocked in the churchyard selling pinuti, plangana, pots, native crafts, etc, etc. Came by cow-pulled cart -- similar to the wagon seen in western movies.
Wonder if mao pa ba na karon. Miss those days.  :)

Here in Australia, it's called flea market. :) ;)

Hopefully someday me will be in Loon and have Miss Loon as my travel guide in its tabo-an. ;)
magpa picture gyud kong nakatabo diha hehehe

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 01:20:05 AM »
kami kada buntag jud mag tabo na maliligo sa labas..heheh
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 10:28:25 PM »
The "Tabo" Scandal at Townsville Queensland: an essential read for All Pinoys!
forwarded by: arlene bruland

Townsville toilet row – man sacked over bathroom habits
LENDL RYAN
January 24th, 2009

A TOWNSVILLE man has been sacked for `un-Australian' toilet habits. Amador Bernabe, 43, uses water to clean himself instead of toilet paper.

Mr Bernabe, a machine operator on a working visa from the Philippines, said it was his culture.
But on Thursday he got the shock of his life when his foreman followed him into the toilet questioning his toilet hygiene.
Mr Bernabe said his employer Townsville Engineering Industries (TEI) sacked him yesterday for not going to the toilet the Australian way.

TEI, which is located at the Bohle, could not be reached for comment yesterday. The move has angered union bosses and politicians on the Australia Day weekend.
"I went to go to the toilet and I took a bottle of water when my foreman saw me and he said `you can't bring the water in there'," Mr Bernabe said.
"I asked why and he said it wasn't good but I said it's our way and he followed me into the toilet.
"I said it's my personal hygiene. I didn't break any law, I didn't break any rules of the company, why can't I do this, and he said he would report me to the manager.
"The next morning when I came in I went to punch my time card and he told me the manager wanted to talk to me in his office.
"He asked me what had happened and I explained to him and he said if I didn't follow the Australian way I would be immediately terminated and I said `sir, then you better terminate me'.."

Australian Manufacturing Worker's Union state organiser Rick Finch said the incident was shocking.
"I think it is atrocious, an invasion of a person's rights and cultural beliefs," he said.
"The paradox of the toilet and a person's actions is something that no boss can even think about interfering with and the thought that bosses think they have the control to get involved in the toiletry is a gross invasion of an employee's privacy.
"If it wasn't so disgusting it would almost be laughable."
Mr Finch slammed the move as `bigoted'.

Greens spokeswoman Jenny Stirling praised Mr Bernabe for standing up for his rights.
"I commend the man for standing up for himself and I encourage the employer to have further talks with the union and the employee and I am sure commonsense will prevail," she said.
"I would like to see how Australians feel when they go to Europe where in places they don't have toilet paper."
Thuringowa MP Craig Wallace said the company should re-evaluate their priorities.
"Employers should be worried how their business operates rather than what their employees do in the loo," he said.
"I know in a number of cultures using paper to clean yourself is considered an offence because of their beliefs.
"If he is being hygienic and not bothering anyone else then good luck to him."
Mr Finch said employers should be more tolerant of their employees, especially in Mr Bernabe's case where he has been brought to the country by TEI on a 457 visa.
"At the end of the day we are a multicultural society and if they want to import workers then they need to be tolerant of other workers and other cultures," he said.
"They don't own these workers, they are borrowed and hired to carry out a job.
"The thought these bosses think they can lord it over these workers is insane.
"What it shows is the company's complete arrogance for workers' rights"
Mr Bernabe, a father of four, had been with the company since April 2008 and said he had no problems until yesterday.
"It's hard work but it is my skill so it is good," he said.
"The only problem was yesterday."

Don't think that this is a common practice in the Philippines. Must have come from the "bakya" crowd. Even then naka-abot og Australia.

How about the rest of the kababayans back home?  ???
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:31:00 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »
Don't think that this is a common practice in the Philippines. Must have come from the "bakya" crowd. Even then naka-abot og Australia.

How about the rest of the kababayans back home?  ???
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:00:00 AM by Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Construction, Job-seekers, Mining, Oil-and-gas, Career-resources

In a recent controversial statement, Mitsui's chief of Australian operations, Yasushi Takahashi said the “inconvenient truth” of Australian mining is that wages are too high. Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that it is a “good thing we are seeing high wages in the most liveable country in the world... If that's sustainable that's fine. But one concern is, is it really sustainable?”

The average annual wage for someone working in Australian mining is $138,000, more than double the US average. This has been a point of pride for the industry, but while the commodity sector is engaged in an enormous efficiency drive, thanks largely to a slump in global commodity prices, many bosses such as Takahashi are seeing such high labour costs as prohibitive. Roughly 25% of the cost of running a mine in Australia is comprised of labour, compared to 15% on average worldwide.

His concerns were preceded by a 2014 report by PwC that found Australia's high wages weren't matched by productivity: “Mining equipment in Australia runs at lower annual outputs than most of its global peers”, attributing the shortfall almost entirely to labour.

Of course, this begs the question – would productivity increase if wages were cut? Further, as recognised elsewhere, while some in the industry are seeking work overseas – unable to find employment in their speciality; exploration work in particular is not as available as it was as Australian mining has transitioned from opening new mines to operating those mines – high wages are arguably what brings people back down under.

It's also important to note that even in the wider economic context, mining remains the largest contributor to Australian economic growth, making it essential for us to attract and retain the best people we can. And if that means keeping wages high, that means keeping wages high.

Whatever side you come down on, salaries in Australian mining are higher than elsewhere. That's an issue that won't be going anywhere soon.
Australian mining salaries are the highest in the world. See what you could earn here

- See more at: http://www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/our-blog/december-2014-(1)/its-no-secret-that-the-australian-mining-sector-pa.aspx#sthash.vIC36bSl.dpuf

World Class Filipino came to existence because of the solid belief of the people behind this project on its subject … the Filipino and most especially because God has allowed this to happen.
We are first hand witnesses on how competent Filipinos are in any trade or profession, in any country and against any nationality as most of us are currently occupying job positions which could have been easily occupied by another race had we not been capable.
The idea of setting up this website first came up at a time when we were always being asked by foreign employers if we know of a Filipino who would like to work with them.  When asked why they prefer Filipinos… they site Filipino qualities such as the following: honest, loyal, friendly, fun-loving, honors commitments, good communicator, hardworking, creative and among others.   If you just happen to have the privilege of hearing these adjectives from people other than your “kababayan”… you would probably ask yourself why these people believe in us and why can't we?  Why other nationalities are appreciating us while we ourselves, at times, are still downgrading our capacities?
As Filipinos working abroad, we believe we are representatives of our country.  Our performances today will have a direct effect on others who will choose to follow this route and to the image of Filipinos in general.  That's why we are always asking God for guidance at work and in everything we do.  That we may continue to do His will for His greater glory and thereby preserve the legacy of the Filipinos who came before us. In relation to this, please allow us to use this space to salute them.  They made lasting impressions internationally which practically paved the way and have opened up windows of opportunities for millions of Filipinos.
And lastly, we believe that everything we have, were just given.  Our strength, beauty, intelligence… everything.  We should therefore not be boastful and proud.  Instead, we should be thankful to the one who made you and me and share these gifts to everyone.   We may be small as people, we may be under-developed as a country and we are not perfect. But we are perfectly us… just the way God had designed us to be.

Love.  Care.  Share.
Love God above all.  Care for others.  Share ourselves.

To all kababayans back home!!!!!
Come and join our ranks.

become a world class miner.
 :) :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:03:37 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »
naka try ko mag tabo sa una labina maligo

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide