• 49 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Baskin-Robbins
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Baskin-Robbins is a global chain of ice cream parlors founded by Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins in 1953, from the merging of their respective ice cream parlors, in Glendale, California. It claims to be the world's largest ice cream franchise,[1] with more than 5,800 locations, 2,800 of which are located in the United States. Baskin-Robbins sells ice cream in over 30 countries, including Canada, Japan, Mexico, Bahrain, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Australia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, South Korea, India, Pakistan, Panama and Taiwan.

The Baskin-Robbins ice cream parlors started as separate ventures from Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins, owning Burt's Ice Cream Shop and Snowbird Ice Cream respectively. Snowbird Ice Cream featured 21 flavors, a novel concept for the time. When the separate companies merged in 1953, this concept grew to 31 flavors. [2]

Baskin-Robbins is known for its "31 flavors" slogan. The idea for having 31 flavors came from the Carson-Roberts advertising agency (which later became Ogilvy & Mather) in 1953, along with the slogan "Count the Flavors. Where flavor counts." 31 was also more than the 28 flavors then famously offered at Howard Johnson's restaurants. Burt and Irv also believed that people should be able to sample flavors until they found one they wanted to buy ? hence the iconic small pink spoon. During a now famous promotion, Amy Boggioni led a group of three who finished 31 scoops of all 31 flavors in under 31 minutes.

By 1948, Burt & Irv opened six stores, the first franchise covering the sale of ice cream was executed May 20, 1948, for the store at 1130 South Adams in Glendale (Store #1). Burt and Irv were brothers-in-law. In 1949, the company’s own production facility opened in Burbank. They made the decision to sell the stores to the managers, thus becoming one of the first franchised food service businesses[citation needed]. In 1953, Baskin-Robbins hired Carson-Roberts Advertising who recommended adoption of the 31 as well as the pink (cherry) and brown (chocolate) polka dots and typeface that were reminiscent of the circus. The first store that adopted the new 31 look was 804 North Glendale Ave. in Glendale, California in March of 1953. Between 1949 and 1962, the corporate firm was Huntington Ice Cream Company. The name succeeded The Baskin-Robbins Partnership and was eventually changed back to Baskin-Robbins, Inc. on November 26, 1962. The Baskin-Robbins company was also the first to introduce ice cream cakes to the public.

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
Re: Baskin-Robbins
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
what a relaxing day by having an ice cream treat.... :o
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

consuelo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:48:30 AM »
anong flavor yan?

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »
anong flavor yan?

rocky road..gusto mo Tita ;)
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
wow an icecream dream!
life is beautiful!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

rocky road..gusto mo Tita ;)

favorite din namin ni babat yan kent

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
wow ice cream :) but i love yogurtland ;)
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

luckytzarms16

• i miss my lil babygirl. :(
    • View Profile
    • Together
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »
i like
wow ice cream :) but i love yogurtland ;)

hindi,Pinkberry ako! :)
LOve people and use things,Not Love things and use people:)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 08:10:35 PM »
masarap sa BM yan

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com