Steamed Shrimp

• 3 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Steamed Shrimp
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »

One thing I love about vacationing in the Philippines is the availability of fresh caught seafood.  Shrimp are one of my most favorite seafood items, so I take full advantage when I have the opportunity.  This recipe is a wonderfully simple way to prepare shrimp so that you can really appreciate their flavor without a lot of other ingredients getting in the way.  Don’t get me wrong, I love shrimp in just about any dish (pasta, enchiladas, stir fry, etc.) but as they say, sometimes less is more.  I suppose these technically aren’t truly steamed shrimp since they are thrown into boiling water, but since that was the title of the original recipe and I don’t know what else to call them, I’ll go with that.  Be sure to remove the shrimp from the water as soon as it returns to a boil, as they can overcook easily and you don’t want tough and chewy shrimp.  I went simple with the side dishes for this as well and served it with a Caesar salad and some crusty bread.  It made for a fabulous and incredibly quick meal.  Yum!

Steamed Shrimp
Ingredients:
2 quarts water
1/2 cup cider vinegar
Black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
1 lb. large shrimp, shells left on
Old Bay (or other seafood seasoning)
Lemon wedges and cocktail sauce, for serving

Directions:
Combine the water, vinegar, peppercorns and bay leaves in a stockpot or large saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a boil.  Immediately remove from the heat and drain the water.  Remove the bay leaves and toss the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning.  Transfer to a serving platter and serve alongside lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.  

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
Re: Steamed Shrimp
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
ayaw lagi sige ug palaway bah,,grabeh baya akong kaon ani last Saturday ila Kristel ;)
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
i love steamed shrimp :-*
life is beautiful!

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »

Ako, kahit anong luto basta shrimp....ang sarap!!!