• 12 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Roger Federer curses at Open final
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
Roger Federer uses profanity in dispute at Open final

NEW YORK (AP)—Serena Williams isn’t the only Grand Slam champion using profanity at the U.S. Open: Roger Federer let an expletive fly, too.

In an uncharacteristic display, Federer argued with chair umpire Jake Garner during a changeover in the U.S. Open final Monday.

He said his opponent, Juan Martin del Potro, was given too much time to challenge a line call.

“I wasn’t allowed to challenge after 2 seconds. The guy takes, like, 10,” Federer said.

Then the 15-time major champion used a profanity in addressing Garner: “Don’t tell me to be quiet, OK? When I want to talk, I talk. I don’t give a … what he said.”

CBS microphones picked up the exchange during its live broadcast of the match.

“It’s regrettable, of course,” CBS spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said. “But it’s a part of the live coverage of sports events.”

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:16:25 PM by Mikey is the »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Roger Federer curses at Open final
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

NEW YORK - Roger Federer of Switzerland sits during a break in the fifth set against Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina during the Men's Singles final in disbelief and just scratched his head.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:18:43 PM by Mikey is the »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
Federer fined $1,500 for profanity at US Open

NEW YORK (AP)—Roger Federer has been fined $1,500 for using a profanity while arguing with the chair umpire during the U.S. Open final.

CBS microphones picked up the exchange during its live broadcast of the match.

Tournament spokesman Chris Widmaier says Federer is being docked the same amount as two other players—Vera Zvonareva and Daniel Koellerer—for audible obscenity.

Widmaier says a total of $31,500 in fines is being collected by the tournament, topped by Serena Williams’ $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct. She also was fined $500 for racket abuse.

Daniel Nestor was docked $5,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct toward a fan.

kathy

• life is beautiful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
may bad side din pala sya

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
The umpire who handled that match should also be fined. the instant review of one of del potro's serve showed that it was out. but the umpire decided to call it a "let." How can that be? If it's out, then it's out. Federer must have been fed up with those lousy calls. The guy is only human.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »
Federer was mad because del Potro requested a player challenge after they had already switched sides on the court. They let players take way to much time to decide whether they want to challenge a call. They literally cheat by looking to their coaches box for advice on whether to challenge a call or not. ANY coaching is illegal on the ATP and WATP tour. I think it was awesome that Federer got upset and actually showed some emotion on the court. He is a class act and never shows bad character. They should just use the replay system for all the calls if they are going to use it at all....

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 01:00:14 AM »
so del potro shud have been penalised and the match be awarded to federer. hehehe

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:06:30 AM »
so del potro shud have been penalised and the match be awarded to federer. hehehe

over my dead bodilicious  ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »
Mr Fed Fined $1,500 for using a profanity while arguing with the chair umpire during the U.S. Open final.This is a joke for two reasons A) this means nothing to him maybe beer money at best 2) 1,500 as oppose to 10,000 OMG this is a bad joke. However, with all the bad chairs calls maybe the answer should be to get some new ones!

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
when i saw the replay of that "footfault" of serena williams, i have to say that the footfault, if ever it indeed was committed, was not very glaring. i mean, it was not a clear footfault that will make a linesjudge decide outcomes of important games like a US Open semifinals. It was very unfortunate. But still, Serena's reaction can never be justified. Maybe Roger's expletives can be forgiven in comparison to Serena's outbursts.