How would you define love?

• 328 replies

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« on: July 31, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »

"When you fall in-love, it is a temporary madness.  It erupts like an earthquake and then it subsides.  And when it subsides, you have to make a decision..........you have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should be apart..........because that is what love is.  Love is not breathlessness...........it is not excitement...........it is not a desire to make every second of the day, to lie awake at night imagining that every part of your body is being kissed.  That's just being in-love.........which any of us can convince ourselves.  Love itself is what is left-over when being in-love has burned away."  ("Captain Corelli's Mandolin", novel by Louis De Bierneres)    ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:05:56 PM by devildawg »
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: How would you define love?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
love is love, sorry, dawg, can't think of LOVE right now ;)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »
love is love, sorry, dawg, can't think of LOVE right now ;)

if you mean "intimately", still haven't found the right "next one".  although, I've been with a few "ones" ;D.  hehehe.  no hurry, though..........she'll come around. ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 04:37:04 AM »
and she should shut up her mouth hahaha

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
and she should shut up her mouth hahaha

when one opens their mouth to play defensive and twist facts, they usually end up putting their foot in their mouth. hehehe.  I've seen so many of those during my investigations and some in court (legal term is perjury).  if it's already dead and buried...........let it stay that way.  and of course, as we say at work, "get rid of the evidence".  hahaha!   ;) :) 8)

and when one belittles another because of the job they hold and/or how much one earns does not make them superior.  a good example is law enforcement (including the military) here in the U.S.  now, why do you think every country in the world sends their best police officers here to be trained by LAPD officers?  that's because LAPD and such agencies still have the best law enforcement training in the world.  besides, law enforcement pay here is competitive against salaries for jobs in engineering, management, some medical fields, etc.  the best part for me is............we get lots of adrenaline pumping action.  thousands apply for the job of a police officer, yet only a select very few gets their commission.  educational attainment does not make one bigger than the other fella.  bottom line is, it all boils down to what kind of person one is...........and not how much money one have or earn nor how much education one attained.  it's how one uses what they've learned in the education of life that really matters. my term for individuals who belittles another (whether it's because of education, social status, wealth, etc.) are "bigots with low self-esteem".  those individuals have to talk down another to feel superior.........yet they still end up putting their foot in their mouth.  heck, I'm not a rich guy, yet I've traveled half the world and have interacted with people of different cultures.  so, I pretty much have an idea on how a lot of people are.  hehehe.   ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:39:35 PM by devildawg »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
well said dawg, i have a high respect for all police officers not only in Los Angeles but the entire US, the country that gave me the opportunity to work and live ;D ;) :o

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »
well said dawg, i have a high respect for all police officers not only in Los Angeles but the entire US, the country that gave me the opportunity to work and live ;D ;) :o

that's why a huge percentage of the people around the world wants to emigrate here............even those who badmouths >:( Americans and the U.S............and some who still don't have >:( any sense of patriotism to their adopted country (U.S.).  if you ask me, I'd give my life to this land without regrets.............in which, I've already risked on several occasions when I was called to duty. ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:52:14 PM by devildawg »

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
when one opens their mouth to play defensive and twist facts, they usually end up putting their foot in their mouth. hehehe.  I've seen so many of those during my investigations and some in court (legal term is perjury).  if it's already dead and buried...........let it stay that way.  and of course, as we say at work, "get rid of the evidence".  hahaha!   ;) :) 8)

and when one belittles another because of the job they hold and/or how much one earns does not make them superior.  a good example is law enforcement (including the military) here in the U.S.  now, why do you think every country in the world sends their best police officers here to be trained by LAPD officers?  that's because LAPD and such agencies still have the best law enforcement training in the world.  besides, law enforcement pay here is competitive against salaries for jobs in engineering, management, some medical fields, etc.  the best part for me is............we get lots of adrenaline pumping action.  thousands apply for the job of a police officer, yet only a select very few gets their commission.  educational attainment does not make one bigger than the other fella.  bottom line is, it all boils down to what kind of person one is...........and not how much money one have or earn nor how much education one attained.  it's how one uses what they've learned in the education of life that really matters. my term for individuals who belittles another (whether it's because of education, social status, wealth, etc.) are "bigots with low self-esteem".  those individuals have to talk down another to feel superior.........yet they still end up putting their foot in their mouth.  heck, I'm not a rich guy, yet I've traveled half the world and have interacted with people of different cultures.  so, I pretty much have an idea on how a lot of people are.  hehehe.   ;) :) 8)
whew! read mode lang talaga muna ako...

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »

hahaha!!  a little info that got carried away.  hehehe. ;) :) 8)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 05:33:59 AM »

tsk tsk tsk, wow :o ;D ;)