Re: How would you define love?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
old dogs dont learn anymore...

marivic

• The right man is the one who seizes the moment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 01:07:45 AM »
to lie awake at night imagining that every part of your body is being kissed. :o :o na intriga ko ani ani na statement dah ::) ;)
"When you expect nothing and get everything, that's destiny" .(,")

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Reply to Marivic
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 03:54:15 AM »
Life, Marivic, is full of intrigues. But that's what makes life interesting.
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 03:57:20 AM »
"Being ignorant is not so much of a shame as being unwilling to learn. (Ben Franklin)"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
dugay dugay na bitaw pod ko ana marivic ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
Reply to Willy
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
Mate,
Tell that to every overseas Pinoy who wants to go back to the Phil and retire.

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »
Bigot, as defined in dictionary, is someone who is intolerantly convinced of the rightness of a particular opinlon, practice, etc. Like calling another dom 'coz dislikes his style. Either directly or via insinuations or cleverly disguised little farces.

Yes, bigotry. A disease that's still plaguing the Phil.
Eg, marrying a young Pinay. Ok, if he's a puti. Not uncommon for a puti retiree to go to the Phil, marry a young Pinay, and live there permanently.
Once read a Cebu newspaper comment by a visiting puti news editor. Walked along CC cbd 1 early morning for a coffee. Still quiet. Went into a cafe. Saw a puti retiree on a rocking chair. A teenage Pinay was sitting on his lap. Being the only customer and also a puti, they weren't embarrassed and carried on.
Later learned Pinay was puti's wife. Pinay's mom owned the cafe. All lived upstairs.
A common Internet-dating site ad is about retirement living in Phil. Marry a young Pinay. Many looking for foreign nationals to marry. Age is not a problem.
A Pinoy, who'd do something similar, would be called a dom with lecherous inclination.
Needless for me to say more. Look what's happening to me here. A never-ending pissing contest target. And reaching retirement age is still miles away.
Considering further, I'm one of those who packed up their few wordly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life. Sending money home. Helping the Phil perpetually ailing economy.
Is this what we, overseas Pinoys, get in return? Being treated as 2nd class to the puti?
 ???

I can't say much about it since I haven't really stayed in the p.i. long enough to find out more about it...........although, I've seen some.  seemed like some are still hung-up on social standings/classes.  as far as hooking-up with a non-pinoy.........I remember meeting a few pinays over there who are aspiring to be wives of foreigners.  and when I say "foreigners", pinoys who are citizens of another country does not qualify, which means the guy cannot be of pinoy descent.  but then again, this instance is just a very very small percentage.  the way I see it.............."to each his/her own"............"live and let live".  same goes with hooking-up with a much older/younger man or much older/younger woman.

if you ask me, I could care less.  I seriously don't discriminate based on religious beliefs, culture, color, nationality, age (as long as they're not jail-bait.  hehehe.) etc.  I've dated a few women who are outside those parameters.  as long as I'm attracted (and they are, too), we enjoy each other's company and have fun together, etc.............then, we're good-to-go.  it's plainly fair game.  who cares about what other people say or think.  I'm the one who benefits............ and I certainly wow:o those benefits.  hehehe. ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:31:29 PM by devildawg »
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »
Now, to liven things up.

After starting this thread and the wonderful food for thought you've given, think it's high time to ask the multi-billion $ question: why aren't you married yet? Hehehe. :) ;)
Needless to answer. Already know. 'coz marriage, for you, is a fate worse than death. Sleeping with the enemy. Treated like a toxic waste. Epitomizes the worst type of terrorism.
Of course, you don't have the guts to admit it. You'd rather remain silent. ;D ;D ;D

you asking me??  if you are, well, here it is...........my options to your "sixty-four dollar" question.  A) "marriage" is sanctimonious!!!  I surely don't wanna screw around (I never do when I'm on a one-on-one thingy), like a lot of guys do in their married life.  B) I'm still enjoying and having loads of fun bangin' around (which relates to option (A).  hehehe.)  C) though I got lucky being with that very special woman, I wasn't smart enough to keep her (it's been a lot of years since "my one that got away" got away).  D) a few women came close..........again, "came close", but no cigar.  E) I'm definitely in no hurry to lock myself with that ball-n-chain.  unless of course, one really happen to take my breath away.  F) All of the above.   ;) :) 8)  and I take "all of the above".........option (F). ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
"[Let this be a] teachable moment where all of us, instead of pumping up the volume, spend a little more time listening to each other. (Pres. Obama)" :) ;)

"can't we all just get along?!" (rodney king, 1992 L.A. riots............the motherfreakin' criminal!!)  hahaha! ;) :) 8)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
to lie awake at night imagining that every part of your body is being kissed. :o :o na intriga ko ani ani na statement dah ::) ;)

that's what was written in the novel.  you should try it, if you haven't yet..........I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  but the real deal is always the best...........guaranteed!!  nothing beats the real mccoy.  hehehe. ;) :) 8)